Vehicle Use Permit
Evergreen Use Permits are valid for two years from the issue date.
To certify to drive:
- Drivers must meet the Evergreen driver requirements
- View Powerpoint presentation outlining Motor Pool policies and rental procedures. Then successfully completing the associated quiz.
- If driving a large passenger or cargo van, drivers must also view the Powerpoint presentaion on large vehicle handling characteristics, and successfully complete the associated quiz.
Persons wishing to be permitted to drive Evergreen Vans or State Motor Pool vehicles or any other college vehicles; will need to have their faculty/supervisor/advisor provide our office with a list of the approved drivers that their program or event wishes to have permitted. Potential drivers will then need to call the office to make an appointment to complete their permitting process documents and have their permits issued.
To obtain a Use Permit, drivers must come to the Motor Pool office, show a current driver's license (any state) and sign the Valid License to Drive form. If driving a large passenger van (11 passengers or more) they must also sign the Large Van Safe Driving Practices form.
Drivers can view appropriate slideshows when they come to the office or they can view the slideshows on-line. If viewing the slideshows on-line, drivers must bring the completed quiz(s) when they go to the motor pool office to obtain their use permit.
Evergreen Motor Pool / State Motor Pool (rental vans/vehicles used for field trips, conferences, etc.)
1. Link to the Motor Pool Polices slideshow and quiz. (note: slide show audio contains information not in slides)
2. Link to the Large Van Driver Training slideshow and quiz. (note: slide show audio contains information not in slides)
Permanently Assigned Vehicles (vehicles used by various departments on campus, i.e. grounds, lab, mail, farm, police services, shops).
1. View the Permanently Assigned slide show. (note: slide show audio contains information not in slides)
2. If driving a large truck, van or delivery vehicle, drivers must come to the Motor Pool office to view the Wumbus training video.
3. All drivers of State owned vehicles must obtain a driver permit through the Motor Pool.