Student teaching helps you earn vital experience for leading your own group of students by working with current teachers in their own classrooms.
Student Teaching Timeline
Fall Student Teaching
- Start your application process in February, year one.
- Get placed and meeting with your mentor teacher before the end of the school year.
- Attend in-service days in August with your teacher.
- Teach for 10 weeks, finishing up around Thanksgiving.
- Complete and submit the edTPA for your endorsement area.
Spring Student Teaching
- Submit again in October, year two.
- Start spring teaching the week of year two, mid/late-March
- Take the spring break of the school district
- Teach for 10 weeks, finishing up in early June
Attend the student teaching workshop in Winter quarter of year one to find out what you need to do to apply.
Student Teaching Handbooks
The student teaching handbook is for you and your mentor teacher to understand the guidelines and process.