Minimum coursework expectations for this endorsement are 60 credits with significant lab work, including all minimum expectations (45 credits) for one of the following sciences: biology, chemistry, earth and space science, or physics and at least 15 additional credits in the other three sciences, 4 credits minimum in each. Concepts to be familiar with in each type of science and supporting math include:
- Biology, including the cell, genetics, human anatomy and physiology, evolution, classification of organisms, ecosystems
- Chemistry: molecular building blocks and chemical processes
- Earth and space science, including geology and astronomy
- Physics: matter, energy, forces and motion
- Use of math in science, including algebra, probability and statistics, calculus
For MiT admissions purposes, another endorsement is required with this endorsement.