Minimum coursework expectations for this endorsement are 45 credits with significant lab work, as well as content that includes:
- Use of mathematical concepts in the analysis of physical systems to include algebra, interpretation of graphs, vectors, matrix addition and multiplication calculus concepts
- Mechanics to include kinematics, energy, momentum, gravitation
- Electricity and magnetism
- Waves and optics
- Other major concepts to include fluid statics and dynamics, particle nature of matter, conservation laws, heat and temperature, Ideal Gas Law, thermodynamics
- Applications of physics to biology, chemistry, earth/space science
For MiT admissions purposes, another endorsement is required with this endorsement.