Minimum coursework expectations for this endorsement are 45 credits in chemistry with significant lab work, as well as content that includes:
- General principles of chemistry — 12 credits
- Organic chemistry/biochemistry
- Quantitative analysis: use of algebra, probability and statistics and calculus in chemistry research
- Physics to include electricity and magnetism, the four fundamental forces, subatomic particles
- Chemistry in contemporary issues, or philosophy of science or applied chemistry course
For MiT admissions purposes, another endorsement is required with this endorsement, science or math recommended.