Preparing for and Applying to the MiT Program
Evergreen’s MiT program seeks to prepare the finest teachers possible to support the development of all children. Prior to entering the program, potential applicants are encouraged to a) develop strong critical and analytical thinking abilities and verbal and written communication skills, b) gain experience with children/youth in diverse public classrooms, and c) complete endorsement preparation as much as possible. MiT advisor Maggie Foran encourages prospective students to attend an information workshop and begin preparing to apply at least a year in advance if possible. Please feel free to contact Maggie Foran for advising assistance at any stage in the application process.
For the cohort beginning Fall 2015:
Application deadline extended to June 1 but apply as soon as possible. Make sure entrance tests are taken by May 17.
- Admissions Criteria: guidelines and evidence the Program uses to evaluate applicants
- General Prerequisites: outline of requirements for all candidates
- When and How to Apply: deadlines, application forms and directions
- Application Checklist: describes the ten items required for a complete application
- Application Form: official form (PDF) to download and complete or apply online
Selecting an Endorsement and Expected Coursework: subject specialties one would like to teach, expected content knowledge needed and evidence of courses in the area
- Endorsement Policies, Procedures, and expected coursework
- Endorsement worksheets for application
- Endorsement worksheet tips and samples
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State Required Admissions Tests: information and links to the WEST-B and WEST-E
- What is an Endorsement?