Preparing for and Applying to the MiT Program
Evergreen’s MiT program seeks to prepare the finest teachers possible to support the development of all children. Prior to entering the program, potential applicants are encouraged to a) develop strong critical and analytical thinking abilities and verbal and written communication skills, b) gain experience with children/youth in diverse public classrooms, and c) complete endorsement preparation as much as possible. MiT advisor Maggie Foran encourages prospective students to attend an information workshop and begin preparing to apply at least a year in advance if possible. Please feel free to contact Maggie Foran for advising assistance at any stage in the application process.
For the cohort beginning Fall 2013:
We will begin accepting applications for the 2013-2015 cohort October 1, 2012. The application deadline has been extended beyond April 3, 2013. The early decision application deadline is January 18, 2013. Applications completed after final deadline will be considered on a space available basis.
- Admissions Criteria: guidelines and evidence the Program uses to evaluate applicants
- General Prerequisites: outline of requirements for all candidates
- When and How to Apply: deadlines, application forms and directions
- Application Checklist: describes the ten items required for a complete application
- Application Form: official form (PDF) to download and complete or apply online
Selecting an Endorsement and Expected Coursework: subject specialties one would like to teach, expected content knowledge needed and evidence of courses in the area
- Endorsement Policies, Procedures, and expected coursework
- Endorsement worksheets for application
- Endorsement worksheet tips and samples
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State Required Admissions Tests: information and links to the WEST-B and WEST-E
- What is an Endorsement?