MES Thesis Information & Resources
- MES Thesis Handbook (PDF) - for all students
- MES Thesis Handbook Addendum (PDF) - for students who started before Fall 2011
- Request to Extend Thesis Research (PDF)
- Request to Present Thesis (PDF)
- Thesis Binding Order Form (fillable PDF)
- Thesis Formatting Template (Word 2010) - Note: if this template is not working for you, please search online for page numbering instructions for the word processing software for which you are using. Please do not ask MES staff and faculty.
- Thesis Funding
- Thesis Prospectus (PDF)
- Thesis Prospectus (Word 2003)
- Past MES Theses - The Evergreen Library Catalog lists all MES theses, alphabetical by title. Most theses written after 2006 can be accessed as PDF files.
- List of all electronic theses in PDF format - A quick list of all the electronic theses in the library - mostly from 2006 to present
- ECOApprentice - Unique website that matches students with real-life sustainability projects
- MES Faculty Directory - Don't forget to talk to MES faculty to help you with your brainstorming. You may also want to talk to non-MES faculty in your interest area. Remember that only MES core faculty can be thesis readers.
Thesis Presentation Schedule
The public is welcome to attend any MES thesis presentation. Prospective students are encouraged to attend!
Current Presentation Schedule
All students must submit at least one paper thesis, signed by your reader, to be bound for library archives and one electronic thesis for library circulation. When you are ready to submit, please follow the formatting guidelines in the MES Thesis Handbook (above), fill out the Thesis Binding Order Form (above), pay your binding fee at the Cashier's Office (instructions in Handbook), and then set up an appointment with the MES Student Assistant by calling 360-867-5940. Once your thesis is submitted, we will send it to be bound as soon as we receive a handful of other theses. You will be contacted when we receive the bound copies (up to 8 weeks after mailing) if you ordered any copies for yourself. Your thesis must be submitted no later than the Friday of Week 10 of the quarter in which you last took thesis credits.