Media Loan Policies and Procedures
Policies & Procedures
Media Loan Quick Guide
For the complete policies governing Media Loan operations, download the Media Loan Policies & Procedures PDF.
Media Loan equipment is available to currently registered students and currently employed TESC Faculty and Staff to support credit generating academic work and college business. All users must present a current, validated TESC ID card. Users may be asked to explain intended use of equipment.
Media Loan checks out equipment during its regular hours (see below). Media Loan is closed during academic breaks and holidays.
CHECKOUT / CHECK-IN / RENEWAL
- A checkout period is normally two or three days. You can renew checkouts up to three times in person or by phone (360) 867-6253. Be prepared to return the equipment if equipment is not available for renewal.
- Equipment pick up must be done by the patron who reserved the equipment.
- Equipment returned after hours to the Library Circulation desk will be checked in on the next business day by Media Loan staff.
- Equipment returned after the due date is overdue.
- Late returns, damages, and lost items will be billed to your student account (my.evergreen.edu).
- During Evaluation Week, Media Loan hours are reduced. Equipment is available for evaluation use only.
- Extended Loan requests for the quarter should be submitted within the first two weeks of the quarter. Extended Loans over academic breaks require proof of registration and tuition paid for the following quarter. Allow 2 to 5 days for processing.
- You may make reservations at Media Loan, in person or by phone, (360) 867-6253.
- You may make reservations up to a month in advance.
- Reservations will be filled in the order they are made – generally first come, first served.
- Reservations may be forfeited if you are more than an hour late for pickup.
- High use equipment cannot be reserved more than two weekends in a row.
- Equipment must be returned on or before the due date, or it is overdue. The following fines apply and are assessed daily.
Equipment valued over $250 - $20.00 per day
Equipment valued under $250 - $10.00 per day
Keys and all equipment accessories valued over $50 - $10.00 per day
Equipment accessories valued under $50 - $5.00 per day
- Equipment may be declared lost and the user's account put on hold when one week overdue or when late fines meet or exceed value of the item. Replacement cost plus a $15.00 non-refundable service fee will be billed to the user’s account.
- All overdue charges are per item.
- Service fees and overdue fines are non-refundable.
- When equipment is returned, the replacement cost is refunded.
- Holds may be removed on a Media Loan account after charges have been paid in full and the patron meets with Media Loan staff to review Media Loan’s policy and procedures.
- If users feel that a charge has been made in error, they may submit an Appeal Form.
- Media Loan handles the appeal process.
- Student Accounts handles questions regarding the billing process.
For non-academic use, contact Lin Crowley (360-867-6239) for a rate sheet. For campus events and productions, use the Production Request Form. Student Activities (S&A) events must go through Greg Porter, 360.867.6222, for AV equipment requests and production clearances.