Artist Development Tools
Promoting economic development for individual Native artists is part of the mission of the Longhouse Education and Cultural Center. We have put together this page of current artist opportunities, handy guides and other resources for artists and will continue to update it regularly.
Resources from the New York Foundation for the Arts
Recently, the Longhouse partnered with the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience to bring Maria Villafranca, a New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) senior Program Officer to deliver a resources and services workshop to our area. She put together a helpful PowerPoint presentation filled with information about NYFA and lots of great tips and opportunities for artists. She also provided two "Arts Opportunities & Resources" guides - one with general information, and another with information tailored to Native American artists in our region. Please click on the links below to access them.
- NYFA Presentation by Maria Villafranca, given at the Wing Luke on September 28, 2013
- Art Opportunities & Resources - prepared for the Longhouse Education and Cultural Center & Northwest Native American Artists
- Art Opportunities & Resources - prepared for the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience
Guides by Longhouse Staff
- Festival Booths: Controlling the message you send people about your art by Laura Grabhorn
- Artist Statement Basics by Erin Genia
- Sample Artist Statements
Be sure to visit our links page, which is filled with lots of artist pages, arts organizations and gallery sites.