The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment conducts and coordinates a variety of surveys in order to assess learning gains, to gauge levels of student satisfaction, and to identify strengths and areas of improvement in academics and student support services.
Summaries of Survey Research by Topic
- Student Affairs Indicators from Institutional Research and Assessment (2013) (PDF)
- Student Affairs Indicators from Institutional Research and Assessment (2012) (PDF)
- Student Affairs Indicators from Institutional Research and Assessment (2010) (PDF)
- From Data to Information: Linking Institutional Research Data to Student Activities (2008) (PDF) or PowerPoint presentation (PPT)
- Student Satisfaction - Patterns Associated with Race, Ethnicity, Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation (2008) (PDF)
- Traditional versus Non-Traditional-Aged Students: How Retention, Enrollment, Demographics, and Attitudes Differ with Age (2008) (PDF)
- Campus Support Services - Student Satisfaction (2007) (PDF)
- Information Technology (2004) (PDF)
- Student Satisfaction - Analysis of Racial/Ethnic Subgroups (2004) (PDF)
Evergreen New Student Survey
The Evergreen New Student Survey is administered to new freshmen and undergraduate transfer students every other year.
Evergreen Student Experience Survey
The Evergreen Student Experience Survey is administered every other spring quarter to a sample of undergraduates. The survey was designed to provide longitudinal data in conjunction with the Evergreen New Student Survey and Evergreen alumni surveys.
National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
The NSSE is a survey to assess the extent to which first-year and senior students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.
College Student Survey (CSS) (PDF)
This survey was administered to college seniors to collect information on students' college experiences and their level of satisfaction with these experiences. This survey has not been administered since 1997.
Cooperative Institutional Research Program Freshman Survey (CIRP)
The CIRP was administered to incoming students in the freshman class and was last administered in Fall 2000. This survey was replaced by the Evergreen New Student Survey in Fall 2003.
Student Learning Surveys
The student learning surveys track student learning through self-reported progress in various learning areas.