Sponsor Feedback and Approval Process
Students are now experiencing how to develop an Individual Study (either Individual Learning or Internship Learning) contract through an online contract process that integrates instruction, examples and approval processes for developing and registering contracts at Evergreen.
First, become familiar with the new contract process:
- Review the Guidelines for Sponsors regarding tips for working with students on contracts.
- Review the contract options to answer any questions regarding the differences between Individual Learning, Internship Learning and In-program Internship Learning Contracts. Notice: The online contract process should NOT be used by faculty as a resource for students doing individual projects within a program.
- Review the Online Contract Process Overview (Screen shots of Online Process), so that you can develop a better understanding of how a student will experience the online contract process.
Second, become familiar with your communication options as a sponsor:
You can negotiate and provide feedback and approval of Individual and Internship Learning contracts either online or in-person. Be sure to communicate to all of your contract students how you will provide feedback and approval on their contracts.
Option One: Communicate online
To learn more go to a Sponsor Information Session
Using the online sponsor contract process (PDF), login to http://my.evergreen.edu and choose Individual Study Contracts listed under Faculty and Staff, can help you manage the student contracts you are sponsoring. Not only can you see the status of the student's contract as it is being developed, you also have the option of providing feedback, approving or declining a student's contract. Using the online sponsor contract process keeps the student informed via email regarding your feedback, approval or decline of his/her contract. After your approval, most contracts will automatically go to the Academic Deans (UG contracts) or Director (GR contracts) for final approval prior to registration. If a contract needs other approvals, such as Subcontractor, Facilities and Resource Clearance, Human Subjects Review Application or Study Abroad the student will need to print the contract after your online approval, get the appropriate approvals and turn in the approved contract to the Academic Deans Office.
Option 2: Communicate in-person
Sponsors can still provide feedback and signature approval in-person. In providing the feedback and approval in- person, you will have the student submit the contract online and print it to bring for your signature. When the student submits:
- an Individual Learning Contract you will be notified by email, this will signify as a reminder that the student will soon be coming by for your signature.
- an Internship Learning Contract, the student will need to get the Field Supervisor's signature and Academic Advisor Review prior to bringing it to you for your final signature.
After your approval the student will have to hand carry the contract to the Academic Deans (UG contracts) or Directors' (GR contracts) Offices for final approval prior to registration. If a contract needs other approvals, such as Subcontractor, Facilities and Resource Clearance, Human Subjects Review Application or Study Abroad, the student will need to get the appropriate approvals after getting your signature, then turn in the approved contract to the Academic Deans Office.