The housing reservation system uses logic based on your personal information to determine which rooms are available for you when you log in. Not all rooms are available to every person; when there are no longer any rooms available for you, you will be given the option to join the waitlist.
- A $250 rent down payment is required to join the waitlist in addition to the one-time, non-refundable application fee of $45. The down payment is refundable only if you cancel your waitlist application before we assign you a space in housing.
- If you have special housing requirements and will not able to take any space we offer you, please contact us at (360) 867-6132 before making the non-refundable down payment to join the waitlist.
- We cannot guarantee any particular room types, however if you have preferences regarding your room theme or suitemate gender, then provide this information when you apply for the waitlist.
- Once you are on the waitlist, you will be assigned and notified via email as soon as a space becomes available for you.
- Stay in touch with the Housing Office. Once you are assigned a room, your $250 down payment will be applied towards your fall quarter’s rent and will no longer be refundable. If you are actively searching for off campus housing, make sure you check your evergreen email daily.
- If we cannot assign you a space by the first day of classes for the term you applied for, we will refund your $250 down payment and remove you from the waitlist unless you request to remain on the list.
To remove yourself from the waitlist
If you find off campus housing, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with the subject line of ‘waitlist cancellation’ in order to remove yourself from the waitlist. This will avoid your being assigned a space and losing your rent down payment. If we send you an assignment email before you send us a cancelation email, your $250 down payment will not be refunded.
To add yourself to the waitlist
Log in to the campus housing reservation system, read and understand the waitlist policy, and make your $250 down payment.
To find off campus housing we suggest checking https://commons.evergreen.edu/c/marketplace/housing-and-roommates or craiglist