Mid Year Check Out
To check out, you must return your keys to the RAD front office during business hours on the 3rd floor of A building. Failure to do so may result in being billed for an improper check-out, lock-change charges, cleaning and/or damage charges.
Please carefully review your contract when considering checking out. Make sure you fully understand the contract break fee and current quarter billing policies.
If you are checking out, you must check out by noon on the last day of the quarter to avoid additional charges for the full cost of the following quarter.
1. If you are seeking a release from your contract, complete a Contract Release form (please see the contract to determine if you are breaking your contract or are seeking a release).
2. Talk to your roommate(s) about any possible cleaning and damage charges in the common areas. If you are responsible for common area damages, discuss this with your roommates and RAD staff.
3. Remove all personal belongings from your bedroom and common areas, and clean your bedroom and common areas per your agreement with your roommates. Secure your window and lock your bedroom and front door. Go to the RAD Front Office to return all keys and sign Check-Out forms during normal business hours (9 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday - Friday).
4. Update your forwarding address by logging on to my.evergreen.edu, clicking Registration, and clicking Personal Information.
5. Consider donating any unwanted items to friends, the Free Store, or a local charity.
6. Fill out our quick three question exit survey.
After you have checked out, a staff member will assess the room for any cleaning and/or damages. Your roommate(s) will receive an e-mail about any cleaning and/or damages you may have caused in the common areas.
Call the Residential and Dining Services Office at 360.867.6132 with any additional questions about checking out.