Frequently Asked Questions
Individual counseling, groups, workshops, assessment, evaluation and referral are all services offered within the Counseling Center.
- Our focus is counseling within a brief intervention framework to maximize your time with your counselor and to enhance your therapy experience.
- Community referrals are made for students seeking services beyond the scope of our clinic.
- Students coming to "drop-in" hours can expect to be seen briefly to establish a path for the most appropriate care and/or arrange a short-term plan in the event of a crisis.
- Students and their partners may be seen together for couple's counseling even if the partner is not a student.
- We also provide evaluation and consultation services for substance abuse issues. If you have questions or concerns about your substance abuse, or want to make changes around your substance abuse, appointments can be made at the Center.
A variety of therapy and psycho-educational groups are offered each quarter. Some groups are open and ongoing, which means students may join at any time. Other groups may be short term or closed groups. The groups change each quarter based on student needs. A staying balanced group for managing stress and anxiety is offered at least twice a year.
Call the Counseling Center at (360) 867-6800 for specific information about groups each quarter.
The Counseling Center provides confidential personal counseling, groups, information and referrals for Evergreen students who have paid the quarterly Student Health Fee. Please refer to the Disclosure Statement for cancellation, late fee, and no show fee policies.
Students are encouraged to come to the center in person for a brief face to face meeting to determine how best to address their request.
We observe confidentiality within the Evergreen Health & Counseling centers, as required by RCW 18.19.180. However, no information about you is given to anyone outside of the Evergreen Health & Counseling centers, including parents, partners, roommates, employers, faculty, or other Evergreen staff, except as noted in our Disclosure Statement. The detailed Confidentiality Policy is stated in our Disclosure Statement.
We offer walk-in hours Monday through Friday. Students who come to our "drop-in" hours can expect to be seen briefly to arrange a short-term plan in the event of a crisis. In a true emergency on campus (not breathing, heart stopped, serious bleeding, mental health crisis): call Police Services at ext. 6140. They will call Medic One who will be on campus within 2-3 minutes. Or you can call Medic One directly at 9-911 from a campus phone or 911 from an off campus phone.
The Crisis Clinic is available 24/7 at 586-2800
or after-hours care or more options, please check our Resources link.
There may be times when you are worried about the behavior of someone else. Counselors provide consultation and/or resources for those concerned about a student.