Potential Themes and Donation Organizations
The graduating class selects their class theme and an organization to receive the class donation.
2017 Class Theme
The class theme is reflected in the graduation program. Designers may use it in their t-shirt design submissions and commencement speakers may use it to guide their speeches. Themes selected by the Graduation Planning Committee are listed below. Please log in to my.evergreen.edu and vote for one theme:
- “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” - Dr. Seuss
- “History has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own." - Michelle Obama
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela
- "Education is not preparation for life, education is life itself." - John Dewey
- "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou
- "In a time of destruction, create something.”- Maxine Hong Kingston
2017 Class Donation
Funds raised through the sales of the graduation T-shirts and announcements will be donated to an on- or off-campus organization.
Evergreen Food Bank
Evergreen is one of Thurston County’s Food Bank satellite locations that distributes a pre-bagged assortment of groceries, along with protein and produce options.
Gateways for Incarcerated Youth
An Evergreen Foundation project that empowers incarcerated youth to create a positive future for themselves through youth driven cultural awareness and educational programming.
A grassroots non-profit organization based in Olympia, Washington, dedicated to nourishing a strong community by empowering people and growing good food.
Stand with Standing Rock
The Oceti Sakowin Camp is an historic gathering of tribes, allies, and people who are standing in solidarity to halt the Dakota Access Pipeline. The reservation camp is 100% off-the-grid, featuring solar and wind power generators.
Treehouse for Kids
Provides academic and other essential support for youth in foster care across Washington state to ensure their success in school and life.