How to Graduate
Your degree is awarded when you have
- Met your degree's credit requirements, and all credits are posted to your record, including transfer and consortium credits
- Submitted a final academic statement to your transcript (undergrad admitted or re-admitted Fall 2013 and after)
- Received Director's Approval (graduate and Tribal programs only)
You must apply for graduation in order to be awarded a degree. Apply online or mail, fax, or drop off your completed graduation application (PDF), along with the career development exit interview (PDF), to Registration & Records.
Registration and Records Office
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
Your account will be billed a $25 graduation fee, which you can pay online through my.evergreen.edu. (Go to Web Payment, select "Make a Payment", then "Graduation Fee".)
|Fall||Week 5, Fall Quarter (late October)|
|Winter||Week 5, Winter Quarter (early February)|
|Spring or Summer||Week 2, Spring Quarter (mid April)|
All undergraduate students admitted or re-admitted Fall 2013 or after are required to submit an Academic Statement to graduate. If you were admitted before Fall 2013, you are encouraged but not required to submit your Academic Statement.
Graduates students are encouraged but not required to submit an Academic Statement.
You must resolve any holds on your account before you can apply to graduate. If you have holds, see the to-do box on your my.evergreen.edu home page for more information.
In order to access the online graduation application, you must be within two quarters of earning the minimum number of credits toward your degree.
- Bachelor of Arts: Requires a minimum of 180 credits. If you transfer credits from another college, 45 of your last 90 credits must be earned from Evergreen.
- Bachelor of Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BS degree. Requires a minimum of 180 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
- Bachelor of Arts & Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BAS degree. Requires a minimum of 225 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
See the Master of Public Administration, Master of Environmental Studies, or Master in Teaching program sites for their degree requirements. In order to access the online graduation application, you must be within two quarters of earning the minimum number of credits toward your degree.
Loan Exit Interviews
You must complete an exit interview if you received student loans while at Evergreen. See the links below for the exit interview process for the types of loans that you received.