Summer Financial Aid
Complete and return the application by April 30, 2014. The last day to hand in a summer application is August 15, 2014.
If your application is late, it may not be processed before summer quarter begins. Be prepared to pay tuition with personal funds. Your budget and offers will be based on the number of credits you have indicated that you intend to enroll in, which session(s) and whether they are at the graduate and/or undergraduate level.
The Financial Aid Office will begin making awards on or around May 9th, to students who submitted Summer applications by April 30, 2014.
You may check the status of your summer financial aid by visiting your my.evergreen.edu account to look at your active messages or by viewing your 2013-2014 award.
When you are applying for Summer 2014 Financial Aid, we use the 2013-14 FAFSA to determine your eligibility. Summer is considered to be the last quarter of the academic year for Financial Aid at Evergreen.
Summer Financial Aid is generally loans only. Work study and most grants are not available.
In order to receive financial aid for summer quarter, you must complete your summer registration (both 1st and 2nd sessions) by July 7, 2014.
Your summer registration will not be dropped if you decide not to attend. If you fail to drop your registration, you will be responsible for any charges that remain on your account including, but not limited to, tuition and fees, financial aid that has been returned, and interest that accrues due to an unpaid balance.
We cannot accept summer financial aid applications after August 15, 2014.
On This Page
- Summer Financial Aid Application Instructions
- Summer Quarter Costs
- How Loan Amounts are Determined
- How to Accept Financial Aid Funds for Summer
- MIT students that need to take undergraduate courses during Summer Quarter for credentials.
- Information about Summer Quarter Academic Offerings, Schedules and Dates
- Summer Quarter Financial Aid Forms Last day to accept summer forms: August 15, 2014.
All continuing students who have received financial aid at Evergreen during the 2013-2014 Academic Year will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office inquiring about Summer Quarter. To apply for summer financial aid, read the summer financial aid policy included in the email, push the reply button on the email that you have been sent, fill in the number of summer credits and for which summer session you plan on attending and send it back to the Financial Aid Office.
If you do not have the email, the Summer Financial Aid Policy and Summer Interest Form (Financial Aid Application) is available at the top and bottom of this page. The application is available in two formats: in WORD format it can be filled out electronically and then cut and pasted into an email to the Financial Aid Office for quickest results; and the PDF can be printed, completed and submitted via mail or fax or it can be hand delivered.
First, read the Summer 2014 Financial Aid Application Policy Then, complete and email the attached Summer Interest Form to our office.
Summer Financial Aid is tailored to the individual student and your eligibility will depend on the number of credits you take, the session(s) you are in, your grade level, and the funds you have already received during the year.
Budgets are determined by what you put on your Summer Interest Form. The living expenses for one session are for a five week enrollment period and ten weeks for both sessions. Summer quarter costs are determined by adding living expenses to your summer tuition and fees.Tuition is charged per credit during the summer, for details about Summer Tuition and Fees visit the Student Financial Services Web Page
Summer Quarter Living Expenses
Living expenses include allowances for room and board, transportation and miscellaneous personal expenses. Living expenses vary depending on whether you are living at home or not and are as follow:
- Living at Home Attending 1st or 2nd Session: $1,269
- Living at Home Attending Both Sessions: $2,538
- Living On or Off Campus Attending 1st or 2nd Session: $2,344
- Living On or Off Campus Attending Both Sessions: $4,689
In general, student and parent loans are the only financial aid that is available during summer.
Since Summer Quarter is part of the 2013-14 Academic Year, only unused 2013-14 eligibility for Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans can be awarded. Your eligibility for loans also depends on your grade level (maximum annual eligibility varies with grade level).
Class Standing/Credits Earned
If you change grade levels before Summer Quarter, submit a Credit Verification Form for the credits you earned from the academic year. You may be eligible for additional loans.
- Freshman/up to 44 credits
- Sophomore/45-89 credits
- Junior/90-135 credits
- Senior/135+ credits
The last day to accept Summer Loans for the first session is July 30th, and for full or second session the last day to accept loans is September 3rd. Accept your loans as soon as you can after receiving a Summer Financial Aid offer. Your loans can be accepted on my.evergreen.edu. We cannot process loans after the session you are attending has ended.
- View your Financial Aid Award Screen by signing into your my.evergreen account. Once you sign in, this link should take you directly to the Financial Aid Menu.
- To view your award information and accept or decline your awards, click on "My Award Information."
- Choose "Award By Aid Year" and then choose the 2013-2014 year.
- The "Accept Award Offer" tab shows the types and amounts of Financial Aid you have been offered. You can use the drop down menu under the "Accept Award" column to accept or decline the awards that are listed here. Print a copy of your award screen for your records.
- If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan for the first time, you will need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and an Electronic Master Promissory Note. Your entrance counseling and E-MPN can be completed at: www.studentloans.gov. You will sign in using the same PIN you used to complete the FAFSA.
Note: If you have completed Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and received a Direct Loan from Evergreen during a previous quarter, you do not have to perform it again.
- If you are a dependent student or a graduate student and you have been offered a Plus loan, your parent or you, as the graduate student, can log in to www.studentloans.gov with a FAFSA PIN and complete the Plus request process. This loan cannot be accepted on your my.evergreen award screen. Parents applying for the Plus loan must use their Parent PIN.
Students should contact the MIT department and have them fill out a MIT Endorsement Form, and then hand it into our office with your Summer Interest Form.
Questions about academic offerings, schedules and dates are answered on the Evergreen Summer Pages and in The Evergreen Times.
- Summer 2014 Additional Academic Expenses Request (PDF)
- Summer 2014 Additional Transportation Expenses Request (PDF)
- Summer 2014 Additional Family Expenses Request | PDF
- Summer 2014 Federal Direct Loan Request Form| PDF
- Summer Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form (For Parents) | PDF
- Summer Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form (For Graduates) | PDF
- Summer 2014 Short-Term/Emergency Loan Form| PDF