Summer Financial Aid
1. You may check the status of your summer financial aid by visiting your www.my.evergreen.edu account to look at your active messages or by viewing your 2013-2014 award.
2. When you are applying for Summer 2014 Financial Aid, we use the 2013-14 FAFSA to determine your eligibility. Summer is considered to be the last quarter of the academic year for Financial Aid at Evergreen.
3. No Work Study is offered Summer Quarter 2014.
Summer Financial Aid Policy and Interest Form (Financial Aid Application) Word | PDF
On This Page
- How to apply for Summer Financial Aid
- Summer Registration and Financial Aid Eligibility
- How eligibility for Summer Quarter Financial Aid is determined
- Types of financial aid available during Summer Quarter
- Timing of Awards
- How to Accept Financial Aid Funds for Summer
- Withdrawing from Classes
- MIT students that need to take undergraduate courses during Summer Quarter for credentials.
- Information about Summer Quarter Academic Offerings, Schedules and Dates
- Summer Quarter Financial Aid Forms Last day to accept summer forms: August 15, 2013.
All continuing students who have received financial aid at Evergreen during the 2013-2014 Academic Year will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office inquiring about Summer Quarter. To apply for summer financial aid, read the summer financial aid policy included in the email, push the reply button on the email that you have been sent, fill in the number of summer credits and for which summer session you plan on attending and send it back to the Financial Aid Office.
If you do not have the email, the Summer Financial Aid Policy and Summer Interest Form (Financial Aid Application) is available at the bottom of this page. The application is available in two formats: in WORD format it can be filled out electronically and then cut and pasted into an email to the Financial Aid Office for quickest results; and the PDF can be printed, completed and submitted via mail or fax or it can be hand delivered.
First, read the Summer 2014 Financial Aid Application Policy Then, complete and email the attached Summer Interest Form to our office.
You must complete your Summer registration (both 1st and 2nd sessions) by July 7, 2014 to receive financial aid funding during the Summer Quarter. You will be allowed only one change to registration. Exceptions will be considered if classes are canceled.
Complete and return the Summer Interest Form by April 30, 2014.
If your interest form is late, be prepared to pay tuition with personal funds. Your budget and offers will be based on the number of credits you have indicated that you intend to enroll in, which session(s) and whether they are at the graduate and/or undergraduate level.
Summer Financial Aid is tailored to the individual student and your eligibility will depend on the number of credits you take, the session(s) you are in, your grade level, and the funds you have already received during the year.
Budgets are determined by what you put on your Summer Interest Form. The living expenses for one session are for a five week enrollment period and ten weeks for both sessions. To make your personal budget, add the living costs below to your summer tuition and fees.
To determine your budget, add your tuition costs, living expenses and book allowance.
Summer 2014 per-credit tuition charges and fees are different than in the regular academic year and can be seen on the Evergreen Summer pages.
Summer Quarter Living Expenses
Living expenses include allowances for room and board, transportation and miscellaneous personal expenses. Living expenses vary depending on whether you are living at home or not and are as follow:
- Living at Home Attending 1st or 2nd Session: $1,182
- Living at Home Attending Both Sessions: $2,363
- Living On or Off Campus Attending 1st or 2nd Session: $2,228
- Living On or Off Campus Attending Both Sessions: $4,456
Since summer quarter is considered a self supporting quarter at Evergreen, financial aid for Summer Quarter is generally loans only, and only if you have remaining eligibility. Most other financial aid programs, such as State Need Grant, tuition waivers and work-study are unavailable during Summer. When we receive your Summer Interest Form, we will determine whether you have Pell Grant eligibility. Pell Grant eligibility in Summer Quarter is only offered if you have not exhausted your Pell Grant during the academic year.
In general, loans constitute the bulk of summer aid. If you accept a Direct Loan for Summer, and it is your first Federal Direct Loan, you must complete a new Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. When we receive your Summer Interest Form, we will determine whether you have remaining Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan eligibility. Direct Parent PLUS Loans and Direct Graduate PLUS Loans will also be offered to cover Summer costs. The Summer Financial Aid Application must also be received before the deadline for us to certify private or Alternative Loans.
Since Summer Quarter is part of the 2013-14 Academic Year, only unused 2013-14 eligibility for Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans can be awarded. Your eligibility for loans also depends on your grade level (because maximum annual eligibility varies with grade level).
Class Standing/Credits Earned
If you change grade levels before Summer Quarter, submit a Credit Verification Form for the credits you earned from the academic year. You may be eligible for additional loans.
- Freshman/up to 44 credits
- Sophomore/45-89 credits
- Junior/90-135 credits
- Senior/135+ credits
The last day to accept Summer Loans for the first session is July 31st, and for full or second session the last day to accept loans is September 4th. Accept your loans as soon as you can after receiving a Summer Financial Aid offer. Your loans can be accepted on my.evergreen.edu.
The Financial Aid Office will begin making awards on or around May 9th, to students who submitted Summer Interest Forms by April 30, 2014. If you submitted your application after that date, be prepared to pay tuition with personal funds. Remember, Summer Financial Aid will be based on the number of credits you indicated on the Summer Interest Form, and that applying for Financial Aid does not guarantee you will have enough funds to cover the cost of summer.
- View your Financial Aid Award Screen by signing into your my.evergreen account. Once you sign in, this link should take you directly to the Financial Aid Menu.
- To view your award information and accept or decline your awards, click on "My Award Information."
- Choose "Award By Aid Year" and then choose the 2013-2014 year.
- The "Accept Award Offer" tab shows the types and amounts of Financial Aid you have been offered. You can use the drop down menu under the "Accept Award" column to accept or decline the awards that are listed here. Print a copy of your award screen for your records.
- If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan for the first time, you will need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and an Electronic Master Promissory Note. Your entrance counseling and E-MPN can be completed at: www.studentloans.gov. You will sign in using the same PIN you used to complete the FAFSA.
Note: If you have completed Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and received a Direct Loan from Evergreen during a previous quarter, you do not have to perform it again.
- If you are a dependent student or a graduate student and you have been offered a Plus loan, your parent or you, as the graduate student, can log in to www.studentloans.gov with a FAFSA PIN and complete the Plus request process. This loan cannot be accepted on your my.evergreen award screen. Parents applying for the Plus loan must use their Parent PIN.
If you decide not to attend, you will not be automatically dropped. You must officially drop your enrollment even if you do not accept the financial aid offered. If you fail to formally withdraw, you may have to pay for credits you enrolled in. If you accept Financial Aid, failure to attend may result in reduction or cancellation of aid.
Students should contact the MIT department and have them fill out a MIT Endorsement Form, and then hand it into our office with your Summer Interest Form.
Questions about academic offerings, schedules and dates are answered on the Evergreen Summer Pages and in The Evergreen Times.
Complete and return the Summer Interest Form by April 30, 2014.
If your interest form is late, be prepared to pay tuition with personal funds. Your budget and offers will be based on the number of credits you have indicated that you intend to enroll in and whether they are at the graduate and/or undergraduate level.
- Summer 2014 Financial Aid Application, Policy and Procedure Word | PDF
- Summer 2014 Additional Academic Expenses Request | PDF
- Summer 2014 Additional Transportation Expenses Request | PDF
- Summer 2014 Additional Family Expenses Request | PDF
- Summer 2014 Federal Direct Loan Request Form| PDF
- Summer 2014 Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form (For Parents) | PDF
- Summer 2014 Federal Direct PLUS Loan Request Form (For Graduates) | PDF
- Summer 2014 Short-Term/Emergency Loan Form| PDF