How to Accept Your Aid
Evergreen makes it easy to accept your Financial Aid offer. Just follow these steps to accept your offers of aid.
Please note: financial aid checks are issued on the first class day. Please refer to Financial Aid Check Page for more details.
Instructions for Accepting Financial Aid
- View your Financial Aid Award Screen by signing into your my.evergreen account. Once you sign in, this link should take you directly to the Financial Aid Menu.
- To view your award information and accept or decline your awards, click on "My Award Information".
- Choose "Award By Aid Year" and then choose the current academic year.
- Please read the information on the "General Information" tab carefully, and progress through each tab before accepting your award offer.
- The "Award Overview" tab shows you how your overall need is calculated, your total cost of attendance, and a summary of the awards offered to you. You cannot accept or decline your awards on this tab.
- The Resources/Additional Information tab will list any outside scholarships or other resources you may be receiving.
- The "Terms and Conditions" tab lists information about each of the awards you have been offered. Please read all information on this tab carefully before accepting the terms and conditions. Accepting these terms and conditions does not mean you are accepting all of the awards offered to you.
- The "Accept Award Offer" screen shows the types and amounts of Financial Aid you have been offered. You can use the drop down menu under the “Accept Award” column to accept or decline the awards that are listed here, or you can use the “Accept Full Amount All Awards” button to accept everything you have been offered.
Print a copy of your award screen for your records.
- If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan for the first time, you will need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and an Electronic Master Promissory Note at: studentloans.gov. Please note that the Federal government has made some changes around interest subsidy and have put a time limitation for first time borrowers. For more information please visit evergreen.edu/financialaid/loans-direct.htm.
- If you are a dependent student and you have been offered a Parent Plus loan, your parent can log in to studentloans.gov to accept the loan.If you are a graduate student and you have been offered the Graduate Plus Loan, you will log into studentloans.gov as a Graduate Student. This loan cannot be accepted via my.evergreen.edu.
- If you have been awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, you will need to sign a promissory note and/or update your loan information with SignMyLoan. Once you accept your Perkins Loan, you will receive instructions via email from SignMyLoan on how to complete the process. UNLESS CONGRESS PASSES AN EXTENSION, THE PERKINS LOAN PROGRAM WILL END ON OCTOBER 1, 2015. In order to receive a Perkins Loan for 2015-16, you must do all of the following before September 29, 2015: Accept your Perkins Loan on-line, sign your Perkins Promissory note correctly and completely, complete all financial aid eligibility requirements, be registered full-time (or let us know before September 1, 2015 that you will be attending part-time). If you don't meet all the necessary requirements in order for your Perkins Loan to disburse by September 29, 2015 the loan will be canceled and cannot be reinstated.
- Still have questions about how to accept your aid? Please call, email, or come by our office so we can help you.