Accept Financial Aid Online
Welcome to Financial Aid at Evergreen
The Financial Aid staff at Evergreen welcomes you to the college and will make every effort to help you through the Financial Aid process.
Evergreen makes it easy to accept your Financial Aid offer. Just follow these steps to accept your offers of aid.
**Please note, financial aid checks are issued on the first class day. Please refer to Financial Aid Check Page for more details.
Instructions for Accepting Financial Aid
- View your Financial Aid Award Screen by signing into your my.evergreen account. Once you sign in, this link should take you directly to the Financial Aid Menu.
- To view your award information and accept or decline your awards, click on "My Award Information".
- Choose "Award By Aid Year" and then choose the current academic year.
- Please read the information on the "General Information" tab carefully, and progress through each tab before accepting your award offer.
- The "Award Overview" tab shows you how your overall need is calculated, your total cost of attendance, and a summary of the awards offered to you. You cannot accept or decline your awards on this tab.
- The Resources/Additional Information tab will list any outside scholarships or other resources you may be receiving.
- The "Terms and Conditions" tab lists information about each of the awards you have been offered. Please read all information on this tab carefully before accepting the terms and conditions. Accepting these terms and conditions does not mean you are accepting all of the awards offered to you.
- The "Accept Award Offer" screen shows the types and amounts of Financial Aid you have been offered. You can use the drop down menu under the “Accept Award” column to accept or decline the awards that are listed here, or you can use the "Accept Full Amount All Awards" button to accept everything you have been offered.
Print a copy of your award screen for your records. Please note, you will not be able to view or accept your aid on this tab until you have accepted your terms and conditions (see Step 7).
- You will not be able to actively accept a Federal Pell Grant if it is included in your award package. Once your file is reviewed and eligibility determined, the system will automatically accept your Pell Grant for you.
- If you are accepting a Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan for the first time, you will need to complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and an Electronic Master Promissory Note. Your entrance counseling and E-MPN can be completed at: www.studentloans.gov
You will sign in using the same PIN you used to complete the FAFSA.
Note: If you completed Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and received a Direct Loan from Evergreen during a previous quarter, you do not have to perform it again.
- If you are a dependent student and you have been offered a Parent Plus loan, your parent can log in to www.studentloans.gov with their parent PIN from the FAFSA and complete the PLUS request process. You, the student, cannot accept this loan on your my.evergreen award screen. Plus loan processing takes 7-10 days from the date of application completion. The PLUS loan application will not be available until July 1 prior to the academic year.
If you are a graduate student and you have been offered the Graduate Plus Loan, you will log into www.studentloans.gov with your FAFSA PIN and complete the Plus Loan application as a Graduate Student.
- If you accept a Perkins Loan, you will receive an email at a later date from SignMyLoan asking you to complete the Perkins Loan application process. Please make sure you complete the process through the link provided in the email from SignMyLoan if you plan to receive these funds. Not all students are eligible for a Perkins loan. Perkins loan processing takes 7-10 days from the date of application completion.
- Please visit Types of Aid to view specific information about each type of aid you have been offered. This resource page lists all of the possible types of aid at Evergreen and the terms and conditions for each fund.
- Still have questions about how to accept your aid? Please call, email, or come by our office so we can help you.