Visiting Faculty Position
Visiting faculty position for spring quarter 2012/13 Academic Year.
The Evergreen State College seeks applicants for a full-time visiting faculty in LGBT/Queer Studies, with emphasis on the history of sexuality of the United States. The successful candidate will teach a coordinated studies program focused on transgender and queer studies, with special focus on the history of sexual entertainments. Review the catalog description for the Queer Pleasure and Politics program.
- ABD in History, American Studies, Women’s Studies or related field
- College level teaching experience
- Research or teaching experience in transgender and gender studies or queer studies
- PhD in History, American Studies, Women’s Studies or related field
- Experience with team teaching
- Experience teaching college writing
- Expertise in the history of sexual entertainments
- Expertise in gender theory and queer theory
Review of complete applications begins May 30, 2012. We will continue to accept applications until finalists are selected.
This is a Visiting Faculty position and is not eligible for continuing appointment. Salary for all positions based on experience and degrees. We do not offer relocation expenses for our visiting faculty positions.
- Contact Information
- Work Experience
- Affirmative Action
Submit the following items as an attachment(s) with your email to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- A 2-3 page letter of interest that addresses your qualifications for the position, reasons for your interest in the position, and your teaching philosophy.
- Names of three references - include address, telephone number and email address.
The College reserves the right to extend searches or not offer positions advertised. As a condition of employment, persons hired must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three(3) days of beginning work. All position offers are contingent on funding. Persons with disabilities can receive accommodations in the hiring process by contacting the Faculty Hiring Coordinator. The Evergreen State College is an equal opportunity employer.