Visiting Faculty Position
Chemistry FacultyFull time to teach in fall, winter and spring quarters.
The Evergreen State College seeks a versatile chemistry teacher for a visiting faculty position to teach general chemistry within an entry-level program that integrates biology, math, physics and chemistry. The successful candidate is expected to team teach with a biologist and a physicist in a full-time, full-year, 16-credit program the 2013-14 academic year on the Olympia campus. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in general chemistry with laboratory, i.e. bridging theory and practice. Review the current program description for Introduction to Natural Science to get a sense of the program. A minimum of a master’s degree in chemistry is required, in addition to undergraduate teaching experience.
- Master's degree in chemistry.
- Undergraduate teaching experience preferred
Review of complete applications begins April 22, 2013. We will continue to accept application materials until finalists are selected.
This is a Visiting Faculty position not eligible for continuing appointment. Salary for all positions based on experience and degrees, with excellent benefits package. We do not offer relocation expenses for our visiting faculty positions.
Start Date for this position is September 2013
To apply, please enter the following information to our online application:
- Contact Information
- Work Experience
- Affirmative Action
Submit the following items as an attachment(s) in your email:
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
- A 2 to 3 page letter of interest that addresses your qualifications for the position, reasons for your interest in the position and your teaching philosophy.
- Submit an outline of a possible syllabus for this program.
- Submit two examples of sample workshops or labs that could be a part of this program.
- Names of three references – include address, telephone number and email address.
The College reserves the right to extend searches or not offer positions advertised. As a condition of employment, persons hired must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three(3) days of beginning work. All position offers are contingent on funding. Persons with disabilities can receive accommodations in the hiring process by contacting the Faculty Hiring Coordinator. The Evergreen State College is an equal opportunity employer.