Faculty Position in Applied Math/Physics
This adjunct faculty position is for fall, winter and spring quarters for the 2014-15 academic year.
The Evergreen State College seeks a full-time adjunct faculty member to team-teach physics with calculus in a three quarter long, full-time program entitled Models of Motion. This program is intended to provide students with a foundation in physics and calculus, with related content in history and the scientific literature. In fall and winter quarters, the faculty member would be primarily responsible for teaching physics lectures, labs and workshops, while coordinating interdisciplinary assignments, projects and seminar readings with the mathematics faculty member. In spring quarter, the faculty member would take on the responsibility for teaching calculus as well. Experience teaching introductory hands-on physics labs is essential. Knowledge of computer modeling techniques would be an asset.
- Masters degree in physics or applied mathematics;
- Ability to teach calculus and calculus-based physics; and
- College level teaching experience.
- Ph.D. in physics or applied mathematics.
- Contact Information
- Work Experience
- Affirmative Action
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Letter of application that expresses your interest in the position and details your background, skills and experience;
- Two current letters of reference from professional colleagues (letters of reference may be submitted via regular mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- 1-2 page statement of your teaching philosophy and practice. Please focus specifically on your understanding and/or experience of interdisciplinary study and what you believe should distinguish a liberal arts education today;
- 1-2 page statement of your multicultural experience and/or practice; and
- Optional: Student evaluations and/or letters of support from current and/or former students.
Review of complete applications begins March 31, 2014. We will continue to accept application materials until finalists are selected.
The College reserves the right to extend searches or not offer positions advertised. As a condition of employment, persons hired must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of contract start date. All position offers are contingent on funding. Persons with disabilities can receive accommodations in the hiring process by contacting the Faculty Hiring Coordinator. The Evergreen State College is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a 1-year adjunct faculty position not eligible for continuing appointment.