Adjunct Faculty Position
Adjunct Faculty Position: Arabic Language
This position is 25% of full-time each quarter for fall, winter, and spring quarters.
The Evergreen State College seeks an instructor to teach a series of courses in Arabic Language on the Olympia campus on weekday evenings during the next academic year. This position is 25% of full-time each quarter for the 2013/2014 fall, winter, and spring quarters.
- Fluency in spoken and written communications in Arabic
- Experience working with diverse groups of students.
- Willingness to use exploratory, cooperative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Commitment to serving populations typically underserved in higher education settings.
- Experience teaching Arabic language to beginning learners.
- College-level teaching experience.
- Master's degree in a field relevant to the position
Review of complete applications begins July 15, 2013. We will continue to accept applications until finalists are selected.
This is an adjunct faculty position, teaching part time and is not eligible for continuing appointment. All requirements for these positions must be completed by September 2013. Salary for all positions is based on experience and degrees. We do not offer relocation expenses for our adjunct faculty positions.
To apply, please enter the following information to our online application:
- Contact Information
- Work Experience
- Affirmative Action
Submit the following items as an attachment(s) with your email to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- A 2 to 3 page letter of application addressing your interest in the position, your teaching philosophy, and addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications, listed in the job description above.
- Names of three references include address, telephone number and email address.
Review our website to learn more about our Evening & Weekend Studies:
The Evergreen State College offers classes during evening hours and on weekends to provide opportunities for schedule-bound students and to supplement the full-time, daytime curriculum. Classes are offered in two formats: programs and courses. Programs are the interdisciplinary classes that form the core of Evergreen's curriculum. In Evening and Weekend Studies, a variety of 8 and 12-credit programs are available. Many of them are team-taught. Programs may last one, two or even three quarters, building on themes developed in previous quarters. Courses are more narrowly focused. There are many 2 and 4-credit courses available and occasional 6-credit offerings. Courses are typically taught by one faculty member. Many students take courses to complement the interdisciplinary programs described above or in combination with individual study options.
The College reserves the right to extend searches or not offer positions advertised. As a condition of employment, persons hired must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three(3) days of beginning work. All position offers are contingent on funding. Persons with disabilities can receive accommodations in the hiring process by contacting the Faculty Hiring Coordinator. The Evergreen State College is an equal opportunity employer.