Application Process for Regular Faculty Positions
Before applying for a Regular Faculty position, please review our current job announcements. Each recruitment may require additional materials and/or specific hiring procedures.
Note: We only accept application materials for active recruitments.
Please submit contact information, work experience, and Affirmative Action information to our online application form.
The following application materials may sent as an email attachment or mailed directly to the Faculty Hiring Office:
- Curriculum vitae, including names and contact information for current references
- Letter of application that highlights your qualifications for the position. You may address this letter: "To the Search Committee:"
- Statement of your teaching philosophy and practice (1-2 pages) Please focus specifically on your understanding and experience of interdisciplinary study and what you believe should distinguish a liberal arts education today.
- Statement of your multicultural experience and practice (1-2 pages)
- Examples of scholarly or artistic work: books, slides, published articles, scholarly papers, writing samples, CD-ROMs, URLs.
- Current letters of reference Three current letters from professional colleagues that speak to your teaching experience; in addition, letters from students are often useful. These may be sent together with your application, or directly from your colleagues; email or fax are also acceptable.
- Evaluations by students (if available)
- Work Experience and Equal Opportunity/Recruitment Information Form: Excel or PDF. These two forms are now a part of our online application. If you cannot access our online application, please download these forms and submit them.
Information provided in the work experience section of this form will be used by the Dean to determine your approximate "Experience Year" and placement on the salary scale. If you interview for this position, you will be able to discuss your experience and placement with the dean before salary is set.
Completion of the Equal Opportunity section of this form is voluntary; failure to provide it will not adversely affect your candidacy for employment. This section will be separated from your application and handled confidentially by the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Send application materials to:
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway, Lib 2002
Olympia, WA 98505
The Faculty Hiring Coordinator
(360) 867-6861 voice
(360) 867-6794 fax
Email: Faculty Hiring
Learn more about our Faculty Hiring Process.