Tuition Waiver & Other Aid Options
Tuition Waiver for New Students
A limited number of tuition waivers are available for new students with financial need who aren't yet eligible for financial aid. If you plan to register for 4-8 credits of evening or weekend classes, you may be eligible.
- First or second quarter enrolled at Evergreen
- Not yet receiving other financial aid
- Registered for at least one undergraduate Evening and Weekend Studies offering by the due date
- Students may only be awarded the waiver one time
Priority application dates
Applications received by this date are guaranteed review for the tuition waiver program.
- Fall 2016: September 19th, 3:00 PM
- Winter 2017: January 3rd, 3:00 PM
- Spring 2017: March 27th, 3:00 PM
How to apply
Write an essay of approximately 300 words explaining why you're interested in attending Evergreen, your goals in taking evening and weekend courses, and how this tuition waiver will help you meet those goals.
Send your essay along with your legal name, student ID number or birth date, mailing address, daytime phone number, and email address to the Undergraduate Scholarship Office by mail, email, or fax:
Ray Mobley: EWS Admissions
The Evergreen State College Admissions
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
Fax: (360) 867-5114
Awards will be based on both the content and quality of the essay. You will be notified of the committee’s decision within two weeks of the deadline.