Fall Equity Symposium 2018: Deepening the Dialogue
EMPOWER our community members with tools to address inequities at Evergreen and beyond. This event is to ENCOURAGE ongoing personal and organizational cultural-competency development. It is to PROVIDE brave and safe learning spaces that foster a greater sense of belonging for all members of the Evergreen community.
Multicultural Resource Fair and Kick Off Event
Multicultural Resource Fair: October 11th | 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM | Red Square
Dr. Terrell Strayhorn Speech: October 11th | 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM | Location TBD
Workshops and Sessions
October 12th | 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM | Location and program agenda will be provided the day of
*If you need accessibility accommodations or have any questions/concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for the Community
Many different groups on campus can help you get the services you need, find a community, or report a concern.
Find resources and support
- Access Services: connecting students with disabilities to resources to enable success.
- Center for Community-Based Learning and Action: linking students and faculty with community organizations for mutually-beneficial opportunities.
- The President's Equity Fund: funding events and activities to encourage inclusion and equity.
- First Peoples Multicultural Advising: providing academic and social support for people of color.
- Longhouse: promoting indigenous arts and cultures.
- TRiO: assisting and serving low-income, first-generation college, and disabled students.
- Trans & Queer Center: providing academic and social support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and agender people.
- Veteran's Services: helping military, dependents, and veterans access services and benefits.
Act to stop inequity and bias
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity: ensuring a diverse workforce; preventing and responding to harassment and discrimination.
- Bias Incident Response Team: addressing hate crimes or bias incidents when more visible incidents occur that are likely to significantly affect the College community or subpopulations of the college.
- Title IX: responding to people who have experience sexual violence and helping the community support each other.