The Evergreen Wellness Committee's mission is to develop, provide, and assess programs and opportunities for employees to develop healthier lifestyles. Read more...
Eligibility for Participation
In keeping with the Evergreen Wellness Committee’s mission to develop, provide, and assess programs and opportunities for employees to develop healthier lifestyles, all non-student employees, whether categorized as hourly, temporary, classified, exempt, or faculty, are eligible to participate in Wellness Committee-sponsored programs, though there may occasionally be exceptions, such as for some programs requiring health-benefit eligibility.
Programs and Activities
- Tobacco Cessation: Quit 4 Life through Alere Wellness and the American Cancer Society. This is not an on-campus activity. Instead, you work at your own pace directly with the program’s coaches and many tools available. Nicotine replacement therapy may be FREE for you and your qualified dependents.
- Strength Training with Lori Valentine: Wellness Sponsored – FREE to all faculty and staff offered Tuesdasy and Thursdays from 12-1 in the CRC.
- Archery: Wellness Sponsored – FREE to all faculty and staff each Friday through June 6, 2015.
- Living Well Workshops: (See handouts/links from 2014 workshop series here).
- Lunchtime Wellness Talks: scheduled periodically throughout the year
- Friday Yoga: Starting Friday, April 3, from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. in room 314 in the CRC, Bianca Janssen-Timmen will once again be offering Gentle Yoga classes, free to all staff and faculty.
- Zumba: Zumba will be offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1 in the CRC.
- Smart Phone Apps: Based on a faculty and staff survey, these are recommended health and wellness applications you can download to your smart phone!
- Chair Massage: Two locations:
- Olympia: Amy Britsas and Joshua Elan of The Hilltop Integrative Health Center http://www.hilltopintegrativehealth.com/ will offer chair massages at our Olympia campus winter quarter 2015. In L3707 of the Library Building (times and location subject to change), chair massages will be offered every Wednesday from 11:30am – 2:30pm beginning January 7th. Walk-ins are always welcome, but you can secure your spot by booking your appointment online here (at least one week in advance) or by calling (360) 754-1396 by 5pm the Tuesday before (when booking within a week). To help make sure as many can participate as possible, please give 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment.
- Tacoma: Bryan J. Butler, LMP of Skywater Massage http://skywatermassage.com/ will offer chair massages at our Tacoma program winter quarter 2015. In room 104 (times and location subject to change), chair massages will be offered every other Tuesday from 1:00pm – 5:00pm: January 13th, January 27th, February 10th, February 24th, and March 10th. Walk-ins are always welcome, but to secure your spot, stop by the Tacoma program front desk and choose the time on the sign-up sheet that works best for you.
- Flu Shot Clinic: Look here for information on the next clinic, coming in Fall 2015. Meanwhile, Read the Influenza Facts from GetAFluShot.com
Massage Vendor Application Process
Massage vendor applicants for the Olympia Campus and Tacoma Program: Please review the Massage Vendor Selection Process document and submit application materials to Susan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information coming soon regarding the state-sponsored health assessment survey.
- Costantino Recreation Center (CRC)
- Health and Safety Committee: http://www.evergreen.edu/committee/healthandsafety/home
- Ergonomics Information: http://www.evergreen.edu/facilities/environmentalhealth/ergonomics.htm;
- Office Ergonomics – Computer Workstation & Mobile Computing. This site will launch an online course.
- Map of the walking trails on campus.
- Preventative Care
- Contemplative Space: A place for faculty and staff that are looking for a place to mediate or pray during the day. http://www.evergreen.edu/multicultural/contemplative-space.htm
- Washington State Department of Health
Chris Pourarien, Human Resource Consultant
Contact Chris on the phone: 867-5364, at her office in Library 3105, or via email.
Wellness Committee Members
- Deb Allen-Ba, Fiscal Specialist.
- Lin Crowley, Media Technology Supervisor/Adjunct Faculty, Media and Chinese Studies
- Chris Ertman, Coordinator Recreation Program, Club Sport Advisor
- Susan Harris, Administrative Assistant to the President.
- Olga Inglebritson, Managing Director, The Evergreen State College – Tacoma
- Elizabeth McHugh, Director Health & Counseling Center
- Lorri Moore, Manager, Academic Financial Support Services.
- Susie Seip, Parking Supervisor.
- Ann Storey, Faculty
- Lorri Trimble, Library and Archives Paraprofessional.
- Laurel Uznanski, Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
The Evergreen State College was awarded Team WorkWell membership for 2014 by the Washington State Health Care Authority.