Forms and Records Analyst 3 - Registration and Records (Internal Only)
Bulletin number: 2014-032SM
Opens: August 22, 2014
Closing date: September 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PST
Note: The College will be closed on September 1, 2014 in observance of Labor Day.
The Evergreen State College is committed to prohibiting discrimination and to building a diverse faculty and staff. We strongly encourage qualified persons of all races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, people with disabilities, persons over forty, women, Vietnam Era and disabled veterans to apply.SPECIAL NOTE
There is currently one full-time, overtime-eligible Forms and Records Analyst 3 position available on the Olympia Campus of The Evergreen State College. The candidate pool established from this announcement may be used to fill comparable permanent, full-time, part-time, and temporary vacancies in the future.COLLEGE PROFILE
The Evergreen State College is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college located in Olympia, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Since opening its doors in 1971, Evergreen has established a national reputation for leadership in developing innovative interdisciplinary, collaborative and team-taught academic programs. The college has a vibrant undergraduate program, graduate programs, and public service centers that constitute a unique academic setting. The college values a student-centered learning environment, a link between theory and practice, and a multicultural community of diverse faculty, students and staff working together. For more information about Evergreen, please visit our college catalog or our website: http://www.evergreen.eduCOMPENSATION
- Salary is $3,094 - $4,155 per month of full time work.
- Experience and training may be considered in salary placement.
- A full state benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For more information about Evergreen's excellent employee benefits, please view http://www.evergreen.edu/payroll/employeebenefits.htm
- Staff are eligible for a free local bus/transit pass.
- Permanent status employees that work 0.5 FTE or more are eligible for the tuition waiver program.
This position is the Associate Registrar’s designee and “go-to” person in the development and maintenance of the registration and imaging system and performs work specific to student-related technology, including integrated student records systems and imaging systems. Participate as a key member of the Banner Users Group. Assist in the design the layout and processes of all the technology used by the Registration and Records office. Coordinate and maintain all aspects of the student record systems to include training of all staff, documenting procedures and creating training manuals. Coordinate and maintain all aspects of imaging system used for transcript production. Update registration and graduation related database forms, web pages and Wikis. Serve as initial contact for all technical systems for internal and external purposes. Explore future technologies appropriate to office and college functions.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience working with complex electronic forms, databases or records management systems in a college Registration office or similar setting.
- Test, update, and maintain the user-end portion of the Registration module for the student information system; participate in all aspects of system upgrades and maintenance to include training, documentation of issues, and version upgrades.
- Develop, maintain, and update, on a quarterly basis, system controls and dates for web registration and online graduation application.
- Generate and transmit monthly reports to the National Student Clearinghouse regarding student enrollment and degree awards; research and resolve conflicts between Banner student and Clearinghouse data.
- In collaboration with other Registration staff, respond to requests for data including creating and running queries.
- Coordinate with Administrative Computing to develop and implement reports as needed.
- Systems Analysts when needed.
- Research, document, and update deceased student records.
- Troubleshoot and resolve business processes related to student records systems, imaged and online, and transcript production.
- Troubleshoot login issues related to my.evergreen.edu, especially “former student login” issues.
- Regularly review, maintain, and update registration web pages and wikis including information and instructions on the web, both static web pages and within Banner Self-Service via the Webtailor interface.
- Manage the resolution of duplicate records created in the integrated student database by working with all the offices using the system as well as the Administrative Computing team.
- Document office procedures and processes to provide training for all staff on office systems within Registration and Records with regular attention to reviewing current business processes for better service.
- Design and produce ID cards for students, faculty, and staff; maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot system problems including working with outside vendor for solutions; serve as liaison to a variety of offices that utilize ID cards.
- Serve as a liaison to Computing and Communication staff; implement, test software, and report findings to analysts.
- Attend weekly technology meetings.
- Maintain and update the graduation website, in collaboration with Enrollment Services.
- Create and launch online student self-service votes for graduation-related issues.
- Train staff and students in other areas on registration, Banner, and my.evergreen.
- Participate in all aspects of quarterly registration periods.
- Provide telephone support and reception backup as needed.
- Knowledge of complex integrated databases from the end user perspective.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of college registration concepts and processes
- Must be organized and productive with extreme attention to detail.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data and producing reports.
- Skill in and ability to support information technology systems including test, update, and maintain as necessary and collaborate effectively with technical computing staff.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software including Microsoft office (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), web publishing software and wikis, Adobe Suite including InDesign, etc.
- Skill in and ability to document information and train others in the use of systems and established processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and interpersonally) with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Effective interpersonal skills and abilities to establish and maintain professional working relationships with others.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment with faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public in a customer service setting that requires consensus building.
- Ability to plan, execute, and complete projects in timely fashion.
- Able to troubleshoot and test computing systems, in particular for version upgrades.
- Ability to create, organize, and maintain records, documentation, and files.
- Able to collaborate and work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
- Knowledge of Forena reports.
- Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
- This position is assigned to part of the college that is covered by a union shop provision and a collective bargaining agreement. Employees are required to pay an amount equal to the fees or dues required to be a member of the union to the Washington Federation of State Employees within thirty days of their date of hire.
- May be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
TO SUCCESSFULLY APPLY AND BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT ALL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
1. Possess the skills and abilities required to perform the position;
2. Complete the General Application form (Word | PDF); and
3. Complete a Key Skills and Abilities Inventory form (Word | PDF) to indicate your ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
4. An Affirmative Action Data Sheet (Word | PDF). Note: Submission of this statistical information is voluntary.
Please carefully read the job bulletin and submit all requested items by the closing date listed above. The committee in its screening of applicants will assume your abilities and experience include only those elements specifically documented within your application materials. By submitting a completed application for this position you are acknowledging that all of the information that you have submitted to apply for this job is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. You understand that The Evergreen State College may verify this information and that untruthful or misleading answers are cause for rejection of your application or dismissal if you are hired. If invited for an on-campus interview, you may be required to pay your own travel expenses
Materials may be submitted using any one of the following options:
Mail: The Evergreen State College
Human Resource Services, Library Bldg Room 3102
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
Fax: (360) 867-6823
Or in person to the Human Resource Services office, Library Building room 3102.
Application materials submitted to the College become property of the College and will not be returned.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, call the Human Resource Services Office at (360) 867-5361 (voice), or (360) 867-6834 (TTY) or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.