Admissions Constituent Relations Management System (CRMS) Project Manager
This is a project position funded for four years from date of hire with the possibility of additional funding beyond that point.
Bulletin number: 2014-029SM
Opened: August 8, 2014
Closes: September 2, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PST
Note: The College will be closed on September 1, 2014 in observance of Labor Day
The Evergreen State College is committed to prohibiting discrimination and to building a diverse faculty and staff. We strongly encourage qualified persons of all races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, people with disabilities, persons over forty, women, Vietnam Era and disabled veterans to apply.SPECIAL NOTE
There is currently one full-time, overtime-exempt Admissions Constituent Relations Management System (CRMS) Project Manager project position available on the Olympia Campus of The Evergreen State College. This is a project position funded for four years from date of hire with the possibility of additional funding beyond that point. This position is exempt from Washington State Civil Service rules and the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime requirements.COLLEGE PROFILE
The Evergreen State College is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college located in Olympia, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Since opening its doors in 1971, Evergreen has established a national reputation for leadership in developing innovative interdisciplinary, collaborative and team-taught academic programs. The college has a vibrant undergraduate program, graduate programs, and public service centers that constitute a unique academic setting. The college values a student-centered learning environment, a link between theory and practice, and a multicultural community of diverse faculty, students and staff working together. For more information about Evergreen, please visit our college catalog or our website: http://www.evergreen.eduCOMPENSATION
- Salary is $4,048 to $4,857 per month of full time work.
- Experience and training may be considered in salary placement.
- A full state benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For more information about Evergreen's excellent employee benefits, please view http://www.evergreen.edu/payroll.
- Permanent status employees that work 0.5 FTE or more are eligible for the tuition waiver program.
Under the general direction of the Director of Admissions, this position is responsible for the successful implementation of a Constituent Relations Management System (CRMS) focused on student recruitment at the undergraduate and graduate level.NATURE AND SCOPE
In consultation with the Director of Admissions, the scope of responsibility includes discretion to conduct analysis, design, and implement significant modifications to student recruitment processes within the Admissions Office through implementation of a CRMS. This position is the lead resource for the implementation of the CRMS. The project manager will be responsible for the implementation and support of the CRM system; develop, test, and integrate operating procedures to support communication with prospective students and provide management with the tools to monitor execution of recruitment strategies and evaluate effectiveness of those strategies. The project manager will oversee all data conversions and configuration of the new system as a result of business process analysis and potential re-engineering.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of experience working in college Admissions.
- One year experience as a Project Manager implementing an information technology system.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive project management experience implementing an information technology system, preferably a Constituent Relations Management System, in Admissions or other college setting.
- Conduct business process analysis and based on this analysis, plan, lead, and manage the overall implementation of CRM software within timelines and expectations of quality.
- Work with the Associate Director, Administrative Computing, Executive Sponsors, Steering Committee, Subject Matter Experts, stakeholders, developers, and the vendor to determine project requirements, scope, charter, and change management process.
- Ensure that the CRM implementation plan is executed effectively and efficiently by leading and managing the entire process.
- In collaboration with vendor and necessary stakeholders, perform system administration configuration tasks such as: establish coding structures; define terms and parameters; determine schedules, dates and cycles; correlate and migrate data; etc.
- Maintain the official Project Plan, which is the basis of the shared agreement between Evergreen and the CRM vendor about project tasks, responsibilities, and timelines.
- Create and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) and scheduled project plan.
- Develop critical path analysis for project implementation.
- Facilitate the identification and definition of business and technical requirements.
- Manage business process change including business process redesign, training, and documentation.
- Manage project scope and timeline through formal change management processes.
- Manage project issues and risks through standard issue/risk processes.
- Facilitate data migration and maintain related documentation.
- Provide effective communication to establish a team environment for project members and make the necessary changes to business processes consistent with the new CRM system.
- Maintain documentation of overall project activities and results.
- Develop, facilitate, and/or provide all necessary training to implement CRM systems.
- Develop and maintain effective communications for various target audiences: Director of Admissions, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, affected work units, and project staff.
As a member of the Admissions Office this position may assist team members with all aspects of the admissions work load as necessary and in support of attaining the project’s deliverables and goals. For example, may provide temporary desk coverage for a team member who is engaged in a project task or to gain a better understanding of a business process (analysis through direct observation).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of student recruitment concepts and processes.
- Functional knowledge of CRM systems and relationships to student recruitment practices and strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and standard practices.
- Skill in and ability to implement information technology systems and working with technical computing staff to better understand and work on technical concepts, resolve issues, and develop alternative solutions as necessary.
- Effective interpersonal leadership skills and abilities to establish and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers, management, and other constituents.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and experience applying them to business processes and information system implementation and ongoing support.
- Ability to develop, manage, maintain, and communicate appropriate project documentation, including project charter, work break-down structure, requirements, and contract terms and conditions.
- Ability to provide senior level consultation and specialized analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for a high impact or mission critical application, project, database, supported product(s), or operational problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and interpersonally) with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Ability to manage complex projects and/or multiple tasks and demands effectively.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and formulate plans for resolution.
- Ability to plan work initiatives and facilitate work without direct line authority.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment that requires consensus building.
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software including Microsoft office (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
- This position is assigned to part of the college that is covered by a union shop provision and a collective bargaining agreement. Employees are required to pay an amount equal to the fees or dues required to be a member of the union to the Washington Federation of State Employees within thirty days of their date of hire.
- May be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
Materials may be submitted using any one of the following options: