Media Services Production Planning Tips and Hints
Electronic Media can assist you with your production planning.
Whether it includes audio, video, or media presentation equipment, advance planning will help smooth the way to a successful event.
Plan to call Electronic Media at least 2 - 4 weeks prior to your event to ensure as seamless a production as possible. For large complicated productions, call us as soon as you start planning -- even if all the details aren't worked out.
- Audio support and media equipment setups call Diana Schlesselman (360) 867-6268.
- Video support including videoconferencing call Dave Cramton (360)867-5515.
Use our online Production Request Form to request help for your event requiring audio, video, or media support.
- We will need your name and all contact information.
- What is your responsibility to the project?
- Who will be the lead contact for the project? Contact information? Responsibility to the project?
- Who else will be involved with the project? Contact information and responsibility to the project?
- What is your budget/org number?
- What is your budget allocation for this project?
- Name of event
- What is the event? Why are you holding it? What is the purpose?
- Event date(s)
- Event time(s)
- Start and finish for each day and event?
- Location of the event(s)
- How many people will be attending?
- Will you have presenters? Will you be working with the presenters? Will they be bringing their own equipment?
Room or Space Reservations
- Have you reserved room/location space(s)?
- Did you include enough time for media setup, facilities setup, your setup, and removal of all gear and clean up?
- Media setup note: EM usually needs a minimum of 2 hours prior to the start of an event for setup. Check with and EM producer to help determine what your reservation time requests should be when planning for media.
Room Setup Considerations
- Have you contacted Facilites? Will you need staging? Stage? Lecturn? Tables? Chairs?
- What is the room setup? It will be helpful to create a diagram.
- If you are in the Longhouse, you will need to contact Facilities for wall moves or bleacher moves.
- Equipment needed: Video, audio, presentation. Check our rate sheet to help think through what you might need. Check our packages to see if one is appropriate for the event.
- Does the event include music? How big of a sound system will it require? Inside or out? Live music or pre-recorded?
- Mic stands?
- Time you need to have all equipment in place and working
- Is there an appropriate power source nearby?
- Will you need to have a technician stay for the duration?
- Anticipating any possible changes to the itinerary? Rain/snow/tornado/earthquake plans? Back up dates and locations?
- Training -- Are you or your presenters trained to use our audio/video/media equipment and/or media classrooms? Call Electronic Media x6270 for help.
- Keys -- will you need keys to facilities? Are you authorized to obtain campus keys? Call Electronic Media x6270 or Key Issues x5397. http://www.evergreen.edu/facilities/Keycontrol.htm
Student Activities Groups
- Student Activities: have you completed your Campus Production Report? Contact (360) 867-6220 for more information.