Many classrooms at Evergreen are equipped with media gear for academic, administrative, and conference use.
Help guides are available. If you need help right away, please call the Media Services Help Desk at x6270 (or 360-867-6270).
For training or scheduled technical assistance in these spaces, please submit a Media Classroom Help request.
- Most rooms do not have a built-in computer. We recommend bringing your own laptop when possible. For rooms with an Auxiliary Interface, there will be a VGA jack and possibly a VGA cable; recently remodeled spaces may also have an HDMI input as well.
- Most Mac laptops need a display adaptor (generally Mini DisplayPort) to connect to VGA cables, although some newer Mac laptops have HDMI outputs (notably 2014 and newer Macbook Pros). Media Loan carries adapters for most Mac laptops, including Mini DisplayPort. Further information about your Mac's display output is available on Apple's support website.
- 16mm projectors, slide projectors, laser-disc players, and other low-use playback equipment is available upon request.
- Keys for the A/V Classroom media cabinets and podiums can be obtained for long-term checkouts from Key Issues. Short-term checkouts of A/V Classroom keys are through Media Loan.
- Help guides for the media classrooms are available online.
- See the Facilities site for room occupancy information or additional building information.
All listed rooms have a projector, wireless internet, data (Ethernet) jacks, and DVD, CD, and VHS players. Click on the room name for a PDF description of the equipment in that room.
- COM 107 - The Recital Hall is one of Evergreen's primary event spaces. As such, it is equipped with a high-definition projector, surround sound audio system for cinema playback, mobile smart podium with a Mac Mini computer, two wireless handheld microphones, Blu-Ray player, and other advanced media equipment. The Recital Hall Intermediate Multitrack audio recording facility is also attached.
- COM 110 - The Performance and Production Studio (formerly known as the Orchestra Rehearsal) is equipped with a high definition projector, Blu-Ray player, DVD/CD/VHS deck, and audio cassette player. The Performance and Production Intermediate Multitrack audio recording facility is also attached.
- COM 117 - The Chorus Rehearsal is equipped with a high definition projector, Blu-Ray player, DVD/CD/VHS deck, and audio cassette player.
- COM 308
- COM 326 (Critique Room) is also equipped with a Mac Mini computer, laser-disc player, and support for film playback.
- COM 408 - The Design Lab is equipped with a projector, Blu-Ray player, DVD/CD/VHS deck, and audio cassette player.
The Lecture Halls are currently closed for remodel, effective July 2015. They will reopen with new media facilities in Fall 2016.
For more information about the Lecture Hall remodel, please check out this Facilities page.
- Click on a room name for a PDF reference document.
- All listed rooms have data projectors, screens, and data jacks (Ethernet ports).
- Optional media equipment can be added to the in-room connector panels. This varies by room. Please call Electronic Media x6270 for assistance.
|Room||Capacity||Mac||DVD||CD||Audio Cassette||VHS||Document Camera|
The Longhouse 1007A and 1007B rooms may be used independently or combined to one large room. Data projection in the Longhouse 1007 rooms may be used independently or combined.
Both 1007A and 1007B have:
- Built-in data projectors
- wireless handheld microphone (restricted access - short-term Media Loan checkout for Faculty/Staff only)
- Wall panels with:
- one VGA, w/ cable, connection to a laptop
- two XLR mic inputs w/ trim controls
- stereo RCA audio inputs
- RCA video input
- XLR out for Assisted Listening Devices
- Data jacks (Ethernet)
Peripheral devices (such as a laptop or CD/DVD/VHS player) must be brought in, along with the corresponding cables, connectors, and adapters.
Seminar II Buildings
- All rooms have wireless internet and data (Ethernet) jacks.
- The tiered lecture halls (1105 rooms in each building) also have document cameras, Mac Mini computers, podium microphones, and lavalier (lapel) microphones.
- Optional media equipment can be added to the in-room connector panels. This varies by room.
- Click on the room name for a PDF description of the equipment in that room.
(B, C, and E wings)
(A and D wings)
(C, D, and E wings)
|Yes||Yes||Yes||No||All except D||No||Yes||Yes|
|Sem II E4115 Critique||100-200||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|