Electronic Media Job Application
Interested in applying? Click here
Hiring Timelines: Hiring for the academic year begins around mid-summer through September. Workstudy positions are filled first, and then institutional applications are considered. Applications will be accepted throughout the year and will be filled as positions become available. Summer employment is typically limited to 19 hours per week regardless of enrollment in summer school, and applicants that have prior work experience are given priority.
Electronic Media (EM) Job Description: Electronic Media is part of the Media Services group at The Evergreen State College. We oversee instruction and support in audio, video, and media for campus productions and media classrooms. We also oversee a variety of media production facilities including: an HD television studio, audio and music technology labs, video & film post-production, multimedia computer labs, and 2D & 3D animation studios.
The EM student worker duties may include:
- Support of EM operations including front desk shifts at Media Loan, production and classroom facility sweeps, scheduling, and circulation of equipment and keys
- Technical support and consultation to all video and audio production facilities and computer labs
- Media production support which involves providing audio/video equipment set-up and operation for presentations, concerts, and event documentation
- General classroom technical media support and maintenance
All student workers will:
- Assist EM staff in giving one-on-one training to students, faculty, and staff in use of media equipment
- Assist in inventory control, statistics, and preventative maintenance
- Answer phones, provide customer service, and perform other duties as required
Qualifications: We are committed to hiring a diverse group of students. Applicants must have the ability to learn and use media technologies, work well with the public, and be motivated to learn. EM is looking for student employees who are punctual, work well independently and as part of a team, and are able to work with strict timelines and deadlines. We will provide on-the-job training in the operation of our facilities and equipment. Pay increases, when available, are based on additional job responsibilities, or after one academic year of service.
Considerations: All EM student workers are expected to attend weekly Monday 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM production meetings to sign up for production jobs and work shifts, and attend Wednesday 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM training sessions. Work Study student hours will depend on work study allocation. You may be required to work a minimum number of hours, including some early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends depending on the needs of productions and academic programs. Having reliable transportation and regular access to email is a must.