Office for Diversity Affairs
The 2013-14 Diversity Fund Committee
The President’s Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice mission is to reinforce an inclusive college climate and encourage more equitable institutional practices. We do this by providing grants to support programs and activities that educate the Evergreen community about diversity and equity.
The President's Diversity Fund Committee
President Barack Obama's address from the Edmund Pettis Bridge
Fifty years after the march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, President Barack Obama joined with thousands on the Edmund Pettis Bridge to commemorate the historic work of civil rights activists of the 1960’s and to urge Americans today to embrace their spirit, conviction, values, and activism. Visit this White House link to see the President’s address from the Edmund Pettis Bridge, other interviews, and much more.
Items of Interest
- Making Education Work for Latinas in the U.S., 2013 Report
- Nelson Mandela videos
- Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. videos
- BBC Religion Home Page
- Communicating about Disabilities in the Workplace (article from U.S. DOL)
- Governors Office of Indian Affairs
- Interfaith Calendar
- Same-sex Union Tests Indian Nation's Sovereignty
- Test Your Biases
- The Question of Race and the U.S. Census (article from Arab American Business Magazine)
Evergreen seeks and strongly encourages qualified persons of all ages, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans to participate in our employment recruiting programs.
- Receive notices for jobs available at Evergreen. Get current job listings by email.
In 2003, the Washington State Legislature approved HB (House Bil) 1079, making a college education more affordable for certain undocumented students.
hb1079.org provides information about Washington State Colleges, scholarships, mentors and other support resources that is useful to 1079 (undocumented) students, adults, and institutions interested in supporting students.