President's Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice Instructions
Mini-Grants ($200 or less)
If you are interested in applying for a grant of $200 or less, click here to be directed to the mini-grant application page.
Grants over $200
The information that follows applies to requests for grants over $200.
The President’s Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice offers grants to support innovative proposals intended “to develop the Evergreen learning community’s knowledge, skills and abilities to work, teach, study, learn and interact as a community of individuals committed to cross-cultural equity and social justice." Applicants are encouraged to secure letters of support/intent to participate from faculty, college offices, and/or student organizations.
Ready to apply? Complete the Diversity Fund Grant Application online.
- 1. Current faculty, staff and students of The Evergreen State College may apply. This includes those from the Olympia campus, Tacoma campus, Reservation Based - Community Determined and Grays Harbor, daytime, evening and weekend programs.
- 2. Before using a Diversity grant, a successful applicant will need to provide the committee documentation confirming that the you have either:
a) Secured financial support from other specifically identified sponsors to cover at least 25% of the total cost of the proposed activity/program; or
b) Secured written commitments from three or more academic programs stating that their students will attend your event/activity.
- 1. Complete the Project Budget Worksheet and have it ready when you begin your online application.
- 2. Complete the online grant application.
- 3. Applicants are encouraged (but not required) to meet with the President's Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice Committee to discuss their application. Meeting dates can be found on the application form.
- Grantees are required to publicize their event in the Cooper Point Journal (CPJ). The CPJ business office will incorporate the Diversity Fund logo into the advertisement. The ad must be at least one-quarter page and must appear in at least one edition of the CPJ prior to the event. The cost of the ad should be included in your budget worksheet. The CPJ deadline is the Monday before each week's edition. The CPJ Ad Sales telephone number is: (360) 867-6054; email is: email@example.com.
- Grants cannot be provided to offset the cost of students' academic work, to pay for personal travel, conference or training registration fees, or similar expenses.
- Diversity Fund grants use state funds. Therefore, any money collected at grant-funded events must either go back into the Diversity Fund, or to another Evergreen state budget. Additionally, when admission is charged for events produced with a Diversity grant, the money must be credited to the Diversity Fund in proportion to the support provided by the fund. In no case can this money be given, or donated to a non-state-governmental entity.
- All applicable state laws and college policies pertaining to cash handing, raffles, food handling, etc. must be complied with.
- May, 2014 is the last opportunity to apply for a grant until October, 2014.
President’s Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice Meetings and Deadlines for Grant Applications:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- The Committee reviews applications at its regularly scheduled meetings. Applications that are submitted at least one week prior to a meeting date will be reviewed at that meeting.
- Applications received less than one week before the next scheduled committee meeting will receive consideration the following month. Check for upcoming Diversity Fund Committee meetings.