Transportation, Parking & Police Services
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac) is 50 miles north of Evergreen. Shuttle service is provided by Capital Aeroporter (360) 754-7113 or (800) 962-3579 and Centralia SeaTac Express (360) 786-0636 or (800) 773-9490.
InterCity Transit (IT) connects Evergreen to downtown Olympia, surrounding communities and the Amtrak rail station. Route schedules are available in the Bookstore and Summer Guest Services. Contact IT at (360) 786-1881 for more information.
All vehicles parked on campus are required to display a parking pass. Parking permits are required year-round, Monday-Friday, 7:00am-9:00pm in all parking lots.
Daily passes may be purchases from the Parking Booth Attendant on McCann Plaza (the main entrance to campus) or from the Pay and Display station located in Parking Lot F.
Commuter participants (those not lodging on campus) generally use parking lots B or C - located near the main campus entrance, off of the Evergreen Parkway. We recommend that guests staying in housing use parking lot F due to its proximity to the residence halls.
- We recommend that you do not leave valuable items in your vehicle.
- Please do not block disabled parking spaces, loading zones, bus zones and restricted areas.
- Please park your vehicle within the lines of designated parking spaces. Vehicles improperly parked will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Driving on Red Square and main campus is restricted to emergency and maintenance vehicles only.
- InterCity Transit buses use Indian Pipe Loop to access the stop in front of residence hall 'A'. To prevent congestion and disruption of bus service, we close the Loop to all vehicle traffic during check-in and check-out, except emergency vehicles and those eligible to use disabled parking.
Most main campus buildings have loading dock areas. Please ask us for directions and clearances to avoid parking tickets. We will need to know the approximate time you will be loading/unloading and the vehicle make, color and license plate.
Please let us know well in advance if you will need special parking, loading and unloading arrangements.
The Department of Police Services office is located in the Seminar Building and is open year round, 24 hours a day. Officers patrol the campus by foot, bicycles and cars. Any serious injury, crime or security problem should be promptly reported to Police Services at extension 6140. Their direct number from off campus is (360) 867-6832.