Spring 2014 quarter
- Mukti Khanna psychology , Heesoon Jun development/learning, abnormal psychology, multicultural psychology
- Fields of Study
- community studies, consciousness studies, health and psychology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- psychology, social sciences and health-related fields.
This program is intended for students who want to deepen their work in psychology through integrating theory and practice, in a setting that combines student-designed and faculty-designed study and projects. The faculty-designed component of the program will train students in the American Psychological Association ethics code that can be applied to working with diverse populations and internship sites. Students will also receive training in writing APA style social science papers and working with social science library data bases. Students will have the option of attending the Western Psychological Association meeting, which is the western regional arm of the American Psychological Association, that will be held in Portland, Oregon, April 24- 27, 2014. Attending this professional conference is one of the best ways to explore the range of work and research that is emerging in the field of psychology nationally.
The student-designed component of the program may be a six-credit (15 hour a week) internship or independent study project related to psychology or health. Students will meet with faculty weekly to study more about psychological ethics, psychological writing and community work.
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $233-$400 (approximate), depending upon the type of accommodations students require; this includes WPA membership/registration fees and four nights hotel at the convention site. Transportation and food are additional, and at student's own expense.
- Special Expenses
- Transportation and food at the WPA conference are additional, and at student's own expense.
- Internship Possibilities
- with faculty approval.
- Offered During
|October 23rd, 2013||New opportunity has been added.|