Spring 2014 quarter
- Doreen Swetkis public and nonprofit administration, public policy, urban studies
- Fields of Study
- business and management, community studies, field studies, law and public policy, leadership studies and theater
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- Public and nonprofit administration, arts administration, cultural and historical preservation, advocacy and social change, community studies, management and organizations.
This program is intended for students who have completed work in community learning programs (such as The Business of Art ) and are prepared to complete an internship in a public or nonprofit agency.
Prior to the beginning of spring quarter, interested students must consult with the faculty about their proposed internship and/or course of study. Contracts that are completed before the beginning of spring quarter will be given priority. All contracts must follow the college procedures for internships. While students are encouraged to seek out their own internship possibilities, we will work with campus resources and the faculty member's contacts to identify internship possibilities in public and nonprofit agencies.
Students will hold 25 hour/week internships and will come together as a class one day a week (on Fridays) to study more about doing public and nonprofit work through seminars, lectures, guest speakers and films. The faculty member will work with the agencies sponsoring the internships, making at least one site-visit to each agency during the quarter and meeting regularly with students outside of scheduled class times as needed. Internships must be located in the Seattle/Portland I/5 corridor or on the Olympic Peninsula and within a reasonable distance. Participation in the weekly class meeting is required – no internships located nationally or internationally will be sponsored.
- Advertised Schedule
- Class meets from 9-4pm on Fridays. Students are expected to work at their internship sites Monday-Thursday (or weekends with approval).
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During
|April 19th, 2013||New opportunity added.|