Spring 2014 quarter
- Hirsh Diamant art, education, human development, Asian studies , Cindy Beck
- Fields of Study
- cultural studies, health and visual arts
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- art, health sciences, cultural studies
This interdisciplinary program will explore how the human body was imagined by Eastern and Western cultures and how we can re-imagine the body to achieve better health and a greater sense of well-being. In particular we will study organs and body systems, look at the ways the body was imagined in Western scientific illustration and in alchemical images, Chinese diagrams, and Tibetan paintings. We will look at major organs and body systems from physical, physiological, and spiritual perspectives, practice medical illustration, and explore new ways of understanding and representing the interdependent work of a healthy body. Our study will also include an introduction to energy systems and alternative medicine.
Credits will be awarded in medical illustration, cultural studies, and anatomy.
- Advertised Schedule
- 5:30-9p Wed, 9a-5p Sat (5 Saturdays, dates TBA)
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Offered During
- Evening and Weekend