Fall 2013, Winter 2014 and Spring 2014 quarters
- Naima Lowe media arts, media and film, experimental media , Therese Saliba international feminism, Middle East studies, English
- Fields of Study
- African American studies, cultural studies, gender and women's studies, media studies and writing
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- visual studies, film studies, cultural studies, literary studies, African-American studies, Arab/Middle East studies, gender studies, community organizing and advocacy, and education.
- Successful completion of at least two years of interdisciplinary study in one or more of the following: visual art, art history, literature, creative writing, media studies, cultural studies, critical race studies, or feminist studies. Students must also have experience writing papers of at least 10-15 pages.
This is an opportunity for a small number of Junior-Senior students with a strong background in one or a combination of the following: visual art, art history, literature, creative writing, media theory, cultural studies, critical race studies, or feminist studies. Students with this background will participate in all of the activities and readings of Creating Dangerously: Experiments in Feminist and Diaspora Art , but also be asked to complete longer and more in-depth assignments and a large-scale project that will be developed over the course of the year. These students will also act as peer mentors for the Freshman-Sophomore students in the class, and will have opportunities for ongoing critique on projects with program faculty. In addition, advanced students will be required to take a year-long, 2-credit sequence in Critical and Cultural Theory offered one evening a week by Greg Mullins.
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $150 per quarter for entrance fees, overnight field trips, and photography/video supplies.
- Offered During
- Day and Evening
|May 8th, 2013||New opportunity added.|