Winter 2014 and Spring 2014 quarters
- Steve Blakeslee English, writing, literature
- Fields of Study
- literature and writing
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- humanities and education.
- "Could a greater miracle take place," writes Henry David Thoreau, "than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?" This two-quarter program will approach autobiography (literally, "self-life-writing") as a powerful way to make sense of human experience, particularly in times, places, and social and political settings that differ from our own. In seminars, students will delve into the rich and intricate issues of memory, authority, persona, and truth that face every self-portraying writer. In "writing marathons," they will learn to write freely and fearlessly about their memories, thoughts, and emotions. Finally, students will develop substantial memoir-essays of their own.
- Advertised Schedule
- 5:30-9:30p Mon/Wed
- Schedule and Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During
|October 25th, 2013||Class meeting days changed from Tue/Thu to Mon/Wed.|