Summer 2013 quarter
- Lin Crowley media and Chinese studies
- Fields of Study
- cultural studies, history, language studies and study abroad
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- international studies, Chinese studies, cultural studies, Chinese language and education
This study-abroad program allows students to experience China and Taiwan and explore the land and sea routes of the “Silk Road”. It will be offered in the summer of 2013. All enrolled students will experience China, the second largest economy in the world, and Taiwan, one of the five tigers in Asia. Students will travel to Beijing, the ancient “Silk Road” region, and Taiwan to experience Chinese culture first hand. Students will witness modern, traditional, urban, suburban and rural life in both Chinese lands on two sides of the Taiwan Strait. Students can also explore the blossoming cultural and economic scenes in many Chinese cities in this international study trip.
China is one of the world’s oldest and richest cultures. It is one of the largest trading partners of the United States. Taiwan has a long connection to the Chinese culture and its seating government a modern democratic entity. This program will be devoted to the learning of the ancient Silk Road and how contemporary Chinese relate to each other and redefine themselves to the world. We will also have a closer look into Chinese ethnic culture, religion, and its people on two Chinese lands.
Please see blogs.evergreen.edu/chinastudyabroad/ for more information. Contact the faculty to indicate your interest and register early, as we have a limit of 20 for this summer study abroad program. Pre-registration for the program is highly recommended.
Students wishing to pursue further research and reflection upon their return to Evergreen after our travels are encouraged to arrange individual or group learning contracts for second session.
- Advertised Schedule
- Approximately four weeks of travel beginning on June 21.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- TBA, approximately $3500 for study abroad program fee, accidental cost, plus tuition for eight credit program.
- Study Abroad
- Study and travel in China and Taiwan for approximately four weeks beginning on June 21. Program fees approximately $3,500 including travel, room and board. There is a $300 non-refundable deposit due March 1, 2013.
- Offered During
- Day, Evening and Weekend
|April 25th, 2013||Cancelled: This offering has been cancelled. However, Lin Crowley is available to sponsor individual learning contracts.for students who wish to travel to China.|