Summer 2013 quarter
- Anthony Zaragoza political economy
- Fields of Study
- economics, international studies, political science and sociology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- education, labor, community and global justice, social services, history, law, nonprofit work, political economy, non-governmental organizations, advocacy, public policy, public health, alternative justice systems, graduate school in social science, history, law, geography and political economy, and informed civic participation.
2113: Can we see the future in the present? In this class we won't become psychics, but we will use developments, trends, and "futurecasting" to offer informed assessments of life and the economy in 50-100 years. Futuristic movies will allow us to examine concerns about the future as a window into present-day culture. We will converse via Skype with Japanese students to exchange views. Final projects will offer projections of the future with the option of making a short movie. What will the future bring in your life, your community, and your world? No books or special software will be required.
- Advertised Schedule
- 1-5p Tue/Thu (Jul. 30 - Aug. 29)
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During