Winter 2013 quarter
- Ariel Goldberger creativity, artistic process, mysticism, writing
- Fields of Study
- consciousness studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- neuropsychology, philosophy, neuroscience, mindfulness, arts, humanities, other social sciences, entrepreneurship and management depending on individual student emphasis and work produced.
This academic offering is devoted to individual projects researching and exploring the mind and consciousness from various disciplinary and inter-disciplinary vantage points. It takes advantage of the flexibility of the legendary Evergreen style of learning in order to allow students to venture into unique combinations of subjects, imaginative modes of study, internships, and/or travel.
Individual projects and activities will be focused on learning about the latest developments in the study of the mind through the study of neuroscience, neuroaesthetics, creativity, art, psychology, mindfulness and/or spirituality. The faculty has a background in the arts, a relatively new but deep interest in the field - especially as it relates to human imagination and creativity - and is venturing into this quarter with a spirit of daring, curiosity, and openness. Participants will collaborate with the faculty to design an independent project based on an individual plan of study before, or by week 1. Students will choose group activities based on common interests, during week 1, in order to enjoy each individual's explorations into this emerging field. Students are encouraged to pursue their interests and to include unique combinations of subjects, imaginative modes of study, internships, and/or travel in the US and abroad.
A summative presentation explaining and sharing individual accomplishments and learning will be required in written and oral formats on week 10. The oral section of the presentation can include multimedia, arts, presentation software, images, and sound. Other presentations and reports will be tailored to support each student's academic goals and individual project needs.
Focused individuals with a lively sense of self-direction, discipline, and intellectual curiosity are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Advertised Schedule
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Special Expenses
- Students are responsible for budgeting and covering their project expenses, including travel and any other costs. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss their budget with faculty and staff to take advantage of their experience and suggestions.
- Internship Possibilities
- Students are welcome to include Internships as part of their projects, and are advised to initiate the necessary paperwork with Academic Advising as soon as possible.
- Offered During
|November 27th, 2012||New offering added.|