Spring 2013 quarter
- Anne Fischel communication, media and community studies
- Fields of Study
- community studies, education, media arts and sustainability studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- community development, education, journalism, media, adult literacy and non-profit organizations.
- Students should have participated in the Local Knowledge program (fall 2012, winter 2013) and be able to propose a project that builds on their previous community work. The faculty will also consider admitting students with a background in community-based work and an affiliation with a local organization.
This is an opportunity for students to apply the skills and knowledge learned in the fall/winter program Local Knowledge. They will conduct or continue projects or internships in local communities. The SOS is organized to support individual project work or internships, but with a core of common readings, screenings and work in progress discussions. Students will meet once a week throughout spring quarter.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Special Expenses
- Expenses will be specific to individual student projects.
- Internship Possibilities
- with faculty approval.
- Offered During
|March 6th, 2013||New opportunity added.|