Fall 2012 quarter
- Ratna Roy literature, dance, performance, cultural studies
- Fields of Study
- African American studies, cultural studies, dance, international studies, literature, theater and writing
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- performing arts, theater, dance, literature, writing, cultural studies, and the humanities.
- Satisfactorily completed academic work, sufficient to merit an independent contract in the area of student work.
I am interested in working with students who wish to do independent work in the Performing Arts and the Humanities. I am broadly interested in the intersections between the social and the creative worlds, as my own creative work has explicitly dealt with this intersection. As well, since my Ph.D. is in African-American Literature, I am deeply interested in minority arts, be they defined by race, gender or sexual orientation, and whether they be in writing, or in the visual or performing arts.
As an artist, I have concentrated in the world of choreography, in particular, in Orissi dance from India. A strong influence on my work has been the ancient mythologies of the Indian sub-continent, and the contemporary realities of neo-colonialism and its consequences.
Students interested in working with me should submit an on-line Independent Study form, available at: http://www.evergreen.edu/individualstudy/home.htm
Click on "Online Contract Process", create a contract, then submit it to me for my review.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Special Expenses
- Cost will vary per student relating to their proposals, and might include tickets for performances etc.
- Offered During
|April 26th, 2012||New opportunity added.|