Summer 2013 quarter
- Neal Nelson computer science, mathematics
- Fields of Study
- education and mathematics
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- mathematics-related fields, education
This class is an introduction to both Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry suitable for teachers or others interested in gaining a deeper understanding of mathematics, mathematical proof, and the historical and conceptual evolution of geometrical ideas. The course will concentrate on problem solving and the development of mathematical skills, particularly proofs, with the goal of understanding the major conceptual developments in the history of geometry. Class activities will be primarily reading, problem solving, and discussion with lectures as needed.
- Advertised Schedule
- 9:30a-1:00p Tue/Thu (Jun. 25 - Aug. 1); note that the course will meet first session through the first week of second session. Any schedule conflicts should be discussed with the instructor.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During