Spring 2012 quarter
- Ann Storey art history , Joli Sandoz academic and creative writing, U.S. literature, research methods in the humanities
- Fields of Study
- art history, gender and women's studies, literature and visual arts
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- fine arts, education, writing, history, sociology, museum work
Western women's experience is as varied as the cultures it supports. Engaging with history, writing, and art from a variety of cultural perspectives, we'll look beyond the mythical (and male) West of the pioneer, cowboy, miner, and logger to the many Wests women have lived and imagined. Ultimately, creative work by Western women has expanded U.S. critical and aesthetic discourses with new ideas, methods, and perspectives.
Guiding questions: What does the modern West look like to feminist artists and writers? How does contemporary women's creativity transform the "myth of the West"?
- Advertised Schedule
- 6-9:30p Tue/Thu
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Special Expenses
- $35 for museum field trips and art supplies
- Offered During