Spring 2012 quarter
- Peter Bohmer economics, political economy
- Fields of Study
- community studies, political economy and sociology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- organizing, public policy, and working for an economic or social justice organization.
Students will participate in and study topics related to the Occupy Movement. As part of their SOS program, students will participate in the weekly Occupy Symposium. We will aanalyze and examine diverse strategies and perspectives within the Occupy Movement, and develop skills valuable for building the occupy movement. The focus of one's study and participation can be the Occupy Movement in Olympia or in other locales. Studying similar movements in other countries such as "the Indignados" in Spain is also acceptable. In addition to the Occupy Symposium, we will meet once a week as a group. Most of the work and credit will be based on participation and reflection in the Occupy and related social movements, although there will be some common readings.
- Advertised Schedule
- Mon 12-2:30p, group meeting; Thurs 6-9p, Occupy Symposium.
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During
- Day and Evening
|March 12th, 2012||New opportunity added.|