Summer 2012 quarter
- Leslie Johnson
- Fields of Study
- business and management, health and psychology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- social work and the many areas of concentration in which social work is practiced such as medical settings, schools, businesses, non-profits, and government.
This program is designed to help you explore the broad scope of social work as a profession in medical settings: mental health and non-profits; and local, state, and federal governments. You will gain a clear understanding of the origins of social work in social change and the unique strengths perspective of social work practice. Students will complete readings exploring the history and impact of social work in action as well as the spirit that drives it. Students will also learn how to develop an idea for social change into a working proposal.
- Advertised Schedule
- 9a-5p Sat (Aug. 4 - Sep. 1)
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During
|August 1st, 2012||This offering has been cancelled due to low enrollment.|