Winter 2012 quarter
- Peter Impara geography, landscape studies
- Fields of Study
- ecology and geography
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- landscape studies and ecology.
Landscape ecology approaches ecological patterns and processes at broad spatial and temporal scales. Students interested in broad-scale spatial analysis of ecosystems as a contract option should have some experience in field data collection, spatial analysis, GIS, and ecological research. A previously determined area of study or focus is recommended.
Students interested in spatial analysis of ecological and environmental patterns and processes at landscape scales for winter quarter should contact me in late fall quarter. Contracts should include a mix of research, data collection, spatial analysis and GIS, and a summary of results in a written report. Internships will be sponsored as long as the internship is focused on broad-scale ecological work and the supervisor is able to oversee work in spatial analysis.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Internship Possibilities
- Internships possible with government, research or environmental organizations (e.g. The Nature Conservancy). Internships will be sponsored as long as the internship is focused on broad-scale ecological work and the supervisor is able to oversee work in spatial analysis.
- Upper Division Science Credit
- Students seeking to earn upper division credit must contact the faculty to discuss options prior to the start of the quarter.
- Offered During
|November 29th, 2011||New listing|