Spring 2012 quarter
- Kenneth Tabbutt geology
- Fields of Study
- field studies and geology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- earth science, and environmental science.
- There is no better place to learn about geologic processes than boating down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. This intensive course will provide a foundation in physical geology and fluvial geomorphology while traveling 277 miles on a two-week dory trip. Students must be committed to collaborating and learning. Students will be selected through an application and interview process. There will be mandatory orientation meetings prior to the trip and evaluation conferences upon our return.
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- The Colorado River trip is approximately $1600 plus transportation to and from Las Vegas. Applications will be available winter quarter 2012.
- Offered During
- Day, Evening and Weekend
|November 29th, 2011||The Grand Canyon dory trip is now embedded in Geological Processes: A History of Earth taught by Coughenour and Biswas|